Help...help...My first shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwine

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

I am preparing for my first outdoor shoot with a model,
actually a friend without experience like me.

Is there any protocol or 'best-know-method' i can follow ?
I was thinking to shoot 10 pre-determine poses,
Each with different camera settings/angle etc.
Not sure if this is too demanding for a newbie.

Appreciate any comments,
such as 'must-do' pose, advice for my model etc.

Thanks.

3 basic pointers for you.

1. Focus on the eyes of model
2. do not "chop" off limbs unneccessarily
3. since it is outdoor, photographer should always back face sun, model face sun.

Others, IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR CREATIVITY! enjoy shooting!!

Thanks....keep them coming.

lighting is v important, try not to shoot when sun is top of the head, avoid access shadows on the face, avoid messy hair, even with cam settings predetermined, it may go awry as the weather changes, try to use angle/reflector/mirror/etc to get catchlights to the eye, touchup melted makeup (if you know how to), etc too many. Most of all trust ur eye and taste (if one don't have it, tough luck) and most of all, enjoy.

for me, lighting is important, might need a flash for fill in light if the sun is bright, or a reflector or use a shade while the light is not harsh

another thing, talk to the model, making her relax is more important than pose

IMO only, i am a newbie too :)

har...sound very similair to me ??
what's the different btw concept & theme ?

oh my yeah.
i was thinking that awhile ago..different between concept & theme?

talk to the model, making her relax is more important than pose

I agree only to 1/2 of this statement. Easing the model is as important as having a good pose. Lacking in either aspects will not yield the best results.

Talk to the model more before the shoot, don't be shy, treat her/him like how you'd treat a friend. Thats what I usually do, it helps break the ice quickly and easily.

Look through fashion magazines, books and other photographer's works, observe how the models are posed. Its a good way to start you off especially when you had no prior experience.

The rest are all up to your creativity, location, composition, concept, etc. Get familiar with your camera and experiment with different settings, it help you learn along the way. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I am preparing for my first outdoor shoot with a model,
actually a friend without experience like me.

Is there any protocol or 'best-know-method' i can follow ?
I was thinking to shoot 10 pre-determine poses,
Each with different camera settings/angle etc.
Not sure if this is too demanding for a newbie.

Appreciate any comments,
such as 'must-do' pose, advice for my model etc.

Thanks.

u worry too much ....... go out there and enjoy the shoot ...and I mean BOTH of you

capture what u think is nice.......I am sure when u do come back, there will be lots of brothers and sisters here to tell u what was not :)

You are new ...so .... go make some mistakes...u learn faster that way...... if photography was that easy, then most of us would be out of business long time ago ;p

look at other people's works
look at their poses and try to learn from there
good luck!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.