Help: Green colour cast in PS Elements 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrysoh

Apr 25, 2005
Please help: Jpeg photos viewed in Canon Digital Photo Professional and Zoombrowser look okay and colours seem accurate. However, when viewed in PS Elements 5, they have a green colour cast. What is going on? I'm disappointed that purchased software has less accurate colour than software bundled with the digital camera. What can I do to have Elements 5 display more accurate colours? Thanks!

It looks very similar/identical to Canon DPP, Zoombrowser, Picasa. Only in Elements does the green colour cast appear. I have printed a couple of the photos using a Canon printer and Canon Easy Photo Print and colour accuracy is very similar to the photos when viewed using the above software other than Elements. I've been advised to calibrate my monitor as Elements takes into account a monitor's colour profile, but doees that mean that all the other software will then show colours that may be "off"? Please help.

Hmm... apparently I'm facing the same problem... I have PS 5.0 to do the processing. The screen is calibrated using spyder. For some reasons adobe PS 5.0 gives a different colour cast compared to the IE browser or the Image viewer I have. any suggestions ..?

Mathew.

I haven't used PS Elements but I'm guessing it has the basic functionality of Photoshop, so I'm guessing that you have soft-proofing enabled somehow.

What is the color profile of your image and what is the default color profile of PS Elements? If there's a mismatch, it can cause your image (viewed from PS Elements) to look off.

Hmm... apparently I'm facing the same problem... I have PS 5.0 to do the processing. The screen is calibrated using spyder. For some reasons adobe PS 5.0 gives a different colour cast compared to the IE browser or the Image viewer I have. any suggestions ..?

Mathew.

Correct
I must agree, things have got rather large
i have to say looks verry good ... :thumbsup:
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.