Help for suggestions for location please?

HTCahHTC

May 9, 2008
Hi CSers! I'm looking to shoot a bride with a high fashion look but I am facing terrible difficulties searching for a appropriate location. I initially thought of a rundown place like OCH but I can't think of anywhere else besides that. Or more literal, a high looking and elegant place. I will totally appreciate it if you guys can throw in some suggestions.
Also, do I have to take note of anything in particular for shooting/achieving a high fashion look? Will also appreciate some inputs if there's any! :) Thanks!

Hi CSers! I'm looking to shoot a bride with a high fashion look but I am facing terrible difficulties searching for a appropriate location. I initially thought of a rundown place like OCH but I can't think of anywhere else besides that. Or more literal, a high looking and elegant place. I will totally appreciate it if you guys can throw in some suggestions.
Also, do I have to take note of anything in particular for shooting/achieving a high fashion look? Will also appreciate some inputs if there's any! :) Thanks!

a bit contradicting... first u want a rundown place yet u want a high looking and elegant place? very hard to find leh. cos rundown and elegant opposite meaning.

u may want to go flickr and look ard (search within singapore).

The styling is more important than the location. You can have high fashion look in a rundown place and you can have a ragged look in a classy venue.

The styling is more important than the location. You can have high fashion look in a rundown place and you can have a ragged look in a classy venue.

Sorry if I sounded contradicting, but this was what I meant. I'm looking for a high fashion looking model in a rundown place preferably. But in a classy venue is fine too :) Cos I'm looking to try something different instead of the cliche high fashion in classy venue, but if that doesn't work, it's okay :)

And yup! I know OCH is OOB! Thanks!

Sorry if I sounded contradicting, but this was what I meant. I'm looking for a high fashion looking model in a rundown place preferably. But in a classy venue is fine too :) Cos I'm looking to try something different instead of the cliche high fashion in classy venue, but if that doesn't work, it's okay :)

And yup! I know OCH is OOB! Thanks!

if your model dun mind dirty off beaten tracks, ask her to go to Istana Woodneuk.

else the jetty at yio chu kang (if i didn't rem the place wrongly)?

if your model dun mind dirty off beaten tracks, ask her to go to Istana Woodneuk.

Its not called Istana for no reason, the whole plot of land belongs to foreign royalty. To go there you need to trespass and also 'instigate' another person (the model) to trespass too, the implications are complicated and frankly I do not think the authorities would treat this lightly because this is no common private property but of cross border sensitivity. I would say bad idea.

Its not called Istana for no reason, the whole plot of land belongs to foreign royalty. To go there you need to trespass and also 'instigate' another person (the model) to trespass too, the implications are complicated and frankly I do not think the authorities would treat this lightly because this is no common private property but of cross border sensitivity. I would say bad idea.

the thing is that place had been frequented by many. and i believe now its state land. the most u are trespassing if u are caught, but so far those i know who have been there and myself never get caught. just go at your own risk.

The Singapore Istana will be open on CNY

Place has been shutdown I heard? At least tape are laid everywhere making the place not very viable for a old rustic feel.

Place has been shutdown I heard? At least tape are laid everywhere making the place not very viable for a old rustic feel.

oh i didnt know. i last went there with a few friends in the middle of last year. the place is sealed up with some construction going on. but we took a side way short cut (need to cut thru some bushes and climbing on 4s on a little hill) to get to the place. but surprisingly, we walk out easily from the construction main gate lol... we told the guard there, we went there to take some photos but cannot find out way out, in the end he open the gate for us :p

Just OT here a little.. OCH was boarded up because the place is run down and in a very bad condition whereby ceilings, floors and other structures can collapse at any moment. And that didn't stop people from trespassing.

Oh and. Weird things happen there

kei1309 said:
Just OT here a little.. OCH was boarded up because the place is run down and in a very bad condition whereby ceilings, floors and other structures can collapse at any moment. And that didn't stop people from trespassing.

Oh and. Weird things happen there

not closed becuz the "residents" getting cranky at trespassers?

Prince Photogenic said:
not closed becuz the "residents" getting cranky at trespassers?

I was one of them some years ago. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience

How about the old supreme court?

actually a clean (clean as in devoid of potteries) HDB flat corridor makes good place to shoot too. and u can make use of the available natural light.