Help for photography Competititon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexljy

Jun 29, 2003
Singapore
www.geocities.com
Hi guys,

Need some help here for a photography competition i was asked to join. Theme is : Magic Of light. But i dun really have an idea of what to shoot for such a theme, so could u guys give some opinion. Maybe some of u were ask to join this comp also.(open to secondary up to uni students) Thks in advance...

hmmmm....i may hav juz the photo for it...but i in NS??? can join??

Witness said:
hmmmm....i may hav juz the photo for it...but i in NS??? can join??

i guess he is referring to the Montage.

under the rules and regulation, point no 5,

"All students who are awaiting entry to universities or polytechnics may use their letter of acceptance as proof of full time students"

so i guess if u got something like that den u can take part also... :D

bsplenden said:
i guess he is referring to the Montage.

under the rules and regulation, point no 5,

"All students who are awaiting entry to universities or polytechnics may use their letter of acceptance as proof of full time students"

so i guess if u got something like that den u can take part also... :D

Yap it is Montage. anywayz, anyone got suggestion, cause i planning to shoot this weekend

Spoke to the organiser, it an open theme competition.

So just shoot anything you think is nice. :p

Non student?You are free to use my name. :devil:

Just kidding. :nono:

clizeer said:
Spoke to the organiser, it an open theme competition.

So just shoot anything you think is nice. :p

Non student?You are free to use my name. :devil:

Just kidding. :nono:

any rule saying that it's only open to singapore students?

adamadam said:
any rule saying that it's only open to singapore students?

4. Participants for the Student category must be full time students in educational institutions in Singapore. Participants for the NUS category must be students, staff or alumni member of NUS. (NUS students are excluded from the Student Category)

http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/Rules(web).pdf

alexljy said:
Yap it is Montage. anywayz, anyone got suggestion, cause i planning to shoot this weekend

If I were you, I would go to the library and look up some great masters and draw some inspiration from their shots.

Good luck inspiring! :D

Hi alexljy,

the theme is OPEN......meaning no need for theme.....just send in something you like....=>

Yes, Witness, you may.

Hi adamadam,

there are 2 categories, Singapore students meaning students from ALL schools in singspore under MOE and also the art institutions like La Salle or NAFA........Comfort Driving Centre students not counted.......=p

Feel free to voice out anymore queries...............=>

EngHong

so there's no theme anymore...lydat very difficult...hahah....how to judge....

Witness said:
so there's no theme anymore...lydat very difficult...hahah....how to judge....

There wasn't any in the first place...........the theme is just for the entire exhibition, seminar.............

hmm thought open makes it easier for you...........u mean you prefer theme to restrict you?............hmm, new concept........=>

Happy shooting.........=>

the judging session is open to public right?

My experience with photo competitions in SG is that, even when there is a theme, there will still be an overwhelming amount of entries that will be received which has no connection with the theme at all.

It is LIGHT, take something that can display the use of lighting skill. eg the shadow of a person doing something, a person doing welding job with the spikes as "light" etc etc ... :D

mervlam said:
the judging session is open to public right?

17. The panel of judges will judge all entries on an anonymous basis. Judging of the entries will be held on 29th May 2004 at SAFRA Bukit Merah and is open for public viewing.

from http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/Rules(web).pdf

=>

Status
Not open for further replies.