help! film scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been processing my own b/w films. Lately, I've discovered a very distressing phenomenon : There are bad scratches on the emulsion side of the negatives after I've processed them. Worst thing is that the scratches are on my better shots :cry: , so I haven't got anything much to show :( Tried photoshopping, and it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm not skilled enough with photoshop :p

When I used tmax100, this has never happened before. recently, I've been using delta400, and that has happened to every single roll of the delta400 film i've processed!

I'd made sure there isn't any visible dust particles in the developing tank and darkabg when spooling the film. Also, no visible particles in the solutions.
I've dried the film the same way as I've always done with the tmax100.

Could someone help here??

TIA!

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
1. Make sure your camera's film compartment is clean and free from scratches.

2. If you bulk-load, make sure canisters and bulk loader is dust free.

3. Make sure squeegee (if you use one) is dust free.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
1. Make sure your camera's film compartment is clean and free from scratches.

2. If you bulk-load, make sure canisters and bulk loader is dust free.

3. Make sure squeegee (if you use one) is dust free.

Regards
CK
thks for the pointers.:)

I don't bulk load, and squeegee normally appears dustfree (i use it for the tmax100 films).

as for camera's film compartment, the other negatives turn out ok.

i normally chk the negatives before i put it in the running water bath. it's after the water bath that i find the scratches. but then again, the container for the bath is particle-free as far as i can see...

problem is, it only happens to the delta400 films, so am not sure if i did something wrong.

plsoong

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
kristlbel said:
thks for the pointers.:)

I don't bulk load, and squeegee normally appears dustfree (i use it for the tmax100 films).

as for camera's film compartment, the other negatives turn out ok.

i normally chk the negatives before i put it in the running water bath. it's after the water bath that i find the scratches. but then again, the container for the bath is particle-free as far as i can see...

problem is, it only happens to the delta400 films, so am not sure if i did something wrong.

when u're developing your negs, the tank and the reagents are always very important. if your tank/reagents are dirty within, during your agitation steps it'll be bound to be scratched.
did u load the film properly too?

try to process your film/prints in a relatively dust free area

if u can't, can always pass to me to help you develope and print :bsmilie:
cheers

PL

Status
Not open for further replies.