HELP!!!! eos3!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug3fflux

Feb 21, 2005
West of S'pore
Dear Csers,

I need urgent advice. I mount my 420Ex on my Eos3 and for the first 20+ times I tried it, it worked fine. Then, after that, the AF assist lamp just failed to light up! flash exposure is working, everything is working, just that focussing is not assisted with the IR lamp. What is wrong????????

In between the 20+ times i was playing with it and when it stopped working, I was calibrating all my Cfns. Could I have triggered something? Is this a fatal error? <Must I send to Canon to repair?

Douglas

Hi Bro

You must have change the setting of your Cfns AF-assist beam to off.
Switch it back to on ...which is "0"

I bet this should solves your promblem :)

Cheers

doug3fflux said:
Dear Csers,

I need urgent advice. I mount my 420Ex on my Eos3 and for the first 20+ times I tried it, it worked fine. Then, after that, the AF assist lamp just failed to light up! flash exposure is working, everything is working, just that focussing is not assisted with the IR lamp. What is wrong????????

In between the 20+ times i was playing with it and when it stopped working, I was calibrating all my Cfns. Could I have triggered something? Is this a fatal error? <Must I send to Canon to repair?

Douglas

which Cfn is it??????? i dont have the manual...paiseh.. which one? i looked thru the Cfn list on the net..none of the from 1-17 are related to AF-assist...which one?? sorry ah,.,.

Sorry bro ...dun know which no. also :confused:
But when you scroll thru the no. they will tell you which function you are changing:)
so open your eyes BIG BIG:bigeyes:

All the best

guys iv checked thru the list of Cfn....which one is it????

bellensebastian, the CFn14-0 does not solve the problem! why?

CFn 14 is Automatic output reduction for fill-flash...but what I'm looking for is something like...AF Assist light toggle....i hav the manual from the canon website liao....but i still dont know how to turn my AF light back on... its not CFn14 -0!! neither is it CFn 14-1!!

arg!! help!!! im at a loss! any eos3 users out there pls advice...

i have done that...is there anything else i should look for? flash metering and exposure is working..flash still fires..just that the AF lamp is not lighting up to assist AF....

doug3fflux said:
i have done that...is there anything else i should look for? flash metering and exposure is working..flash still fires..just that the AF lamp is not lighting up to assist AF....

cover your lens, go to a dark cornor, not dark enough the assist lamp will not kick in:)

i have just done that. it still does not work. what is wrong. sigh.

flash fires okay. well-exposed. batteries are new. its set to one-shot, not AI servo.

even the flash zoom head is zooming properly with the lens..seems that its just the AF Lamp thats the problem. any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.