Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

nurbisa

Jul 2, 2010
Marine Cres
I recently purchased my 7D and have a lot of SDs from my previous 60D. Not to throw all these cards to waste, i am looking to buy the SD to CF adapter.

Is this available in our market? i combed Sim Lim area and no one selling it. Even from market place is a totally no-no.

What's the price like and where to get it?

Thanks peeps.:)

Sony Shops .Sony is only maker since days of 1st Alpha A100. Very pricy though bout $50 . collectors item. Bought 1 in July 12. Saw similar one in CS and think also in Sg Camera bought 35 - 40

Sony is best as can use both ways including the Sony proprietary cards! 3rd partys cannot thus cheaper ! sony price was bout $100-120 when advaillable

Hi duke8448, thanks for your reply. Can i use this with 7D? sorry for this lame question.

I saw on Amazon they selling at lowest USD10 + shipping but i dont know seems that some have a max capacity that they allow which is 32Gb

I thought of getting but I have my doubts whether my transfer speed will get slowed down significantly using another "medium" ie adapter.

anyone can advise? if lossless then makes sense.

For those interested, you can read up on this older thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon/1120278-cf-adapter-d700.html

It seems performance takes a hit. And most of these adapters are Type II (thicker), and most cameras cannot take Type II CF cards, so be sure to check your camera's compatibility before making the jump. Further down in the abovementioned thread, you will be able to see one of the ways to mod the adapter card to fit a Type I slot. But do note that not all adapter cards are made the same way.

daredevil123 said:
For those interested, you can read up on this older thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon/1120278-cf-adapter-d700.html

It seems performance takes a hit. And most of these adapters are Type II (thicker), and most cameras cannot take Type II CF cards, so be sure to check your camera's compatibility before making the jump. Further down in the abovementioned thread, you will be able to see one of the ways to mod the adapter card to fit a Type I slot. But do note that not all adapter cards are made the same way.

thanks for sharing. personally I would rather just sell the sd cards and get the cf card.

thanks for sharing. personally I would rather just sell the sd cards and get the cf card.
This gets my vote. I always preferred CF cards: more sturdy than these little SD thingies. Adapters are a fine source for trouble whenever possible..

nurbisa said:
I recently purchased my 7D and have a lot of SDs from my previous 60D. Not to throw all these cards to waste, i am looking to buy the SD to CF adapter.

Is this available in our market? i combed Sim Lim area and no one selling it. Even from market place is a totally no-no.

What's the price like and where to get it?

Thanks peeps.:)

You can get a sd to cf adapter from sgcamerastore..cost 30+

Hi bigturbo, ordered from B&H and received it within a week. Thanks for your info too as i can order from this sgcamerastore as well.

Cheers!