[Help] Choosing a phone with good battery life and web browsing

szeping

Jan 13, 2008
www.szeping.com
I'm not fans of any particular smart phone (since the touch screen drains a lot of power), but just need a phone with web browsing, good battery life (can last >~2 days during normal operation) with decent camera (if possible).

Thanks for your suggestions :cool:

I'm not fans of any particular smart phone (since the touch screen drains a lot of power), but just need a phone with web browsing, good battery life (can last >~2 days during normal operation) with decent camera (if possible).

Thanks for your suggestions :cool:

I don't think you can find a phone with good batt life considering your usage (web browsing).

Yup I agree that blackberry is the closest you can get . I use my BB curve for emails solely, one day receives around 40 mails . It can last 2.5 days.

But this is without making calls or sms and other browsing.

Web browsing experience on BB isnt fantastic to be honest.

Thanks for all the inputs :)

I don't think you can find a phone with good batt life considering your usage (web browsing).

I will only browse/check mail like 3 times a day when I'm out from home, won't exceed 1 hour in total. Will that drain up a lot of battery as well?

I know that typical smartphone in market now can last for 1 day (less than 1 day if heavy usage!), but I'm just a little bit uncomfortable with it... that's why looking for sth that will last for 2 days+, so I will only need to charge on alternate days.

iPhone 4 has a considerably improved battery life over 3GS. With heavy usage, about a day. If you don't use the web much, it can in fact last really long. When I went overseas, I didn't need to charge it after 3 days, and it wasn't even really flat.

Not sure about other smartphones, have not used them before. Most smartphones don't have dismal battery life, just that people use them for more things.. More often.

I've use a few models of smart phones, I don't think I'm a heavy user, typically a full charge can last me 1.5 days so some how you still have to charge it daily.

If you are worried about the battery dying on you maybe you can get mobile battery pack to charge your phone on the go. :)