Help - CF card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2007
Hi all,

My new CF card keeps appearing as 999 shots on my 50D camera screen display. I've tried reformatting it several times but to no avail. It functions fine - taking and transferring photos out, just that the CF card display is perpetually 999. I tried with another CF card and there's no issue, so I figured it's the card itself, not the camera body.

What do i do?

Thks for the help in advance : )

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
the shot counter is 999?

how big is your card capacity?

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
It just means that the available capacity of the card is more than 999 shots, and since the display can only show three digits, it will continuously display 999 until you go below 999 shots available.

Flashbulb

Jun 20, 2008
Hi all,

My new CF card keeps appearing as 999 shots on my 50D camera screen display. I've tried reformatting it several times but to no avail. It functions fine - taking and transferring photos out, just that the CF card display is perpetually 999. I tried with another CF card and there's no issue, so I figured it's the card itself, not the camera body.

What do i do?

Thks for the help in advance : )
I get the same with my 8GB so is perfectly normal.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Hi all,

Have a look into the manual, it's described there. You can also change the settings to shoot RAW only, you will see the counter dropping immediately below 999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom