Help. Can't read/format my SD card.

vengels

Apr 30, 2007
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my SanDisk Extreme Pro card.

I was using it in my LX100 and it was working fine today til 2 pictures I took somehow became corrupted. The pictures could not be deleted. Then it stopped working on the lx100.

I plugged it into both my iMac and PC. Both can read but can't format the card. It says that the card is write protected. (the lock switch is in the unlock position.)

I tried to use command prompt to clear all read only attributes on the card and even used regedit to remove the writeprotect. But all these doesn't work. I can't format my card.

Is there a solution to this? Or is the card gone for good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that the switch on the card is stuck in Read only mode (despite the switch is in the unlock position) If it's really so, then I suggest a change of memory card...

I have a feeling that the switch on the card is stuck in Read only mode (despite the switch is in the unlock position) If it's really so, then I suggest a change of memory card...

I dun think it is stuck cause I have never moved it.

How old is your card? Memory card will NOT last forever. It is built into the card a life span which you can not avoid. That's the bad thing about flash memory. It depends a lot on how often you use the card to shoot over and over again and for how long a time you used it like a year or two years..etc. There is a sticky thread that will give you some idea as to how memory card works and how it fails progressively.

Another way would be to send it to the dealer to check it?

This card is only a couple months old. I bought it from a MO in Fuji X FB group.

Not sure if can send back to dealer.

Copy out all your pictures. Then bring your sandisk card back to the authorized agent for warranty service. Note that there are 3 authorized agents of sandisk in singapore. You can find out their info on sandisk official site. You need to find out which is agent who distributed your card.

Curious, the MO is ordered from who and where? Because there are so many fake sandisk cards out there that I will only buy from known authorized retailers.

Copy out all your pictures. Then bring your sandisk card back to the authorized agent for warranty service. Note that there are 3 authorized agents of sandisk in singapore. You can find out their info on sandisk official site. You need to find out which is agent who distributed your card. Curious, the MO is ordered from who and where? Because there are so many fake sandisk cards out there that I will only buy from known authorized retailers.

MO was from the local fuji x FB group.

Saw from the box it is not local distributor. So I guess I can kiss the card goodbye

Saw from the box it is not local distributor. So I guess I can kiss the card goodbye

If it's not local distributor, get another new card... since it will not be covered by warranty.

I am in the same group myself. My advice for memory cards is always get local, because memory cards do fail, no matter which class you buy. And you do not have to worry about fake cards which are so prevalent in the.market now.

Suggest you contact the MO organizer to get the seller's details. You might be able to get it replaced.

I contacted the seller and got a replacement. Good job by Eric who did the MO. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Generally all SD card come w few years warranty. Do you happen to keep the package or the receipt?