Help: Can Initialized HDD recover data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmonsoon

Aug 6, 2004
Sg
Help.
A HDD has been initialized using xp disk management, can the data within still be recovered? Thks...

Help.
A HDD has been initialized using xp disk management, can the data within still be recovered? Thks...

Chances have just been halved.
D/C the HDD from the CPU immediately. Install a HDD recovery software then connect back the HDD for recovery. Chances are, even if you manage to recover the content, it may be corrupted too. :rolleyes:

It initialized for like only a sec, is it the same as a format? Just as bad?...Thks

It initialized for like only a sec, is it the same as a format? Just as bad?...Thks

U should be able to recover most of your data in this case.

But do you have an external HDD where you can save your recovered data to???

You can try 'Hiren's Boot CD'. Download it and burn the ISO image using your favorite burning application. You can google for the download link.

Place the boot cd in the cd drive and configure the boot order in bios to boot from CD ROM first.

The boot cd has some great utilities that run from the CD itself, including a few data recovery utilities. Booting from the CD, you will see a menu. Choose recovery tools. There are 2 of my TOP software recovery tools there. 1. Ontrack Easy Recovery and 2. Winternals disk commander.

Run Ontrack first, choose the recovery directory to point at the initialized HDD. You do NOT want to write/save anything on the HDDs that have data loss, as it will minimize your chance of 100% recovery.

>2 of my TOP software recovery tools ..
Oh, thks there will try later.
You seem to have done this before, if it fails, will you recommend Getdataback?

>But do you have an external HDD where you can save your recovered data to???
I do have another internal HDD.Thks

That doesn't matter.

What matters now is that you should minimize read/write activity to the HDD you wanna recover from, until you are ready to begin the recovery process.

The longer you leave your HDD connected and spinning, the more old data gets over-written and unrecoverable. :sticktong

Thks pooQy,
Its was external so it has been disconnected since. I'll try and post result..

>2 of my TOP software recovery tools ..
Oh, thks there will try later.
You seem to have done this before, if it fails, will you recommend Getdataback?

>But do you have an external HDD where you can save your recovered data to???
I do have another internal HDD.Thks

Actually the previous times I tried was on my friends' HDDs...not mine...:bsmilie:

Haven't tried Getdataback though as the previous times, I only used Ontrack and Winternals.

Status
Not open for further replies.