HELP! Broke friend's tripod..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilithfiend

Jul 28, 2009
Hi all, I borrowed a friend's Nikon tripod and I think I broke it. There is this turning knob below the little screw where you attach the camera to? The whole turning device sort of broke apart. I dropped it before I even used it and I think that's when it broke.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if it's possible to buy a replacement just for the "head"? Or must I buy the whole tripod?

HELP PLEASE! :dunno:

buy a new one.

settle everything.

Last edited:
Nikon tripod.... ?? Is it one of those 'cheapo' tripod given out as a free gift when buying a camera ?? If it is, no big deal.... it is rather cheap, no more than $30-$50. Just inform your friend and see what he/her said lor..... :bsmilie:

buy a new one.

settle everything.

is your tripod also a nikon one? i need to buy the exact same tripod but i dunno what is the model number! *die*

Nikon tripod.... ?? Is it one of those 'cheapo' tripod given out as a free gift when buying a camera ?? If it is, no big deal.... it is rather cheap, no more than $30-$50. Just inform your friend and see what he/her said lor..... :bsmilie:

i'm not sure if its the cheapo one. it comes with the black carrying case. can be extended in three parts. would prefer to not tell him otherwise next time cannot borrow anything else liao..

Last edited:
yeah, the nikon tripod is cheap, don't worry so much..haha. sonyboy is here to help anyway if all goes wrong..haha;p

is your tripod also a nikon one? i need to buy the exact same tripod but i dunno what is the model number! *die*

i'm not sure if its the cheapo one. it comes with the black carrying case. can be extended in three parts. would prefer to not tell him otherwise next time cannot borrow anything else liao..

Hmmm.... Maybe your fren is reading this thread currently... Who knows??:sweat:

tropiccana & sonyboy - PMed you both!

Hmmm.... Maybe your fren is reading this thread currently... Who knows??:sweat:

no la, i'm quite sure he doesn't come on here. otherwise i wouldn't post here right! :sweat:

you mean Nikon only have 1 type of tripod?
Nikon don't make tripod, they just find some low cost tripod, just stick a Nikon stickerand bundle together with entry level camera sell as a package.

don't bother to use this tripod if you or your friend want to have a better tripod.

When such things happen, it is better to come clean. You need to tell your friend you broke the tripod, and offer to replace or pay him, so that he can buy a better tripod. I think friends are fine with accidents, as long as you are honest about it, and offer to make up for your mistakes.

If you buy him a replacement without telling him, and try to pass it off as his tripod... it is actually not so nice.... because it is a bit of a white lie involved. If he finds out about it... which he may (since he may have scratched his tripod in some obscure location and now the scratch miraculously disappears), he will trust you even less.

be a good girl, do the right thing, tell your friend honestly, and work out a solution together.

cannot! i cannot tell him la. the last time i used his camera on a overseas trip, i dropped the lens cover into the river! if i tell him i broke his tripod, i think i really can forget about borrowing anything else next time.

cannot! i cannot tell him la. the last time i used his camera on a overseas trip, i dropped the lens cover into the river! if i tell him i broke his tripod, i think i really can forget about borrowing anything else next time.

The lens cover can be had for cheap.. below 10 bucks..

If you really must get a replacement tripod without telling him, I'd advise you to get a new one. That way you have more or less redeemed yourself for breaking the tripod. He gets a new tripod, what's there to complain?

But if you do want to confess, follow catchlight's suggestion. He might want a new tripod, so maybe you could chip in for roughly the value of the Nikon tripod

you are a girl and why are you so chor law and careless? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

maybe it is time for you use your own equipment so you will be more careful about it.

Its a good time to purchase better tripod. Perhaps your friend can forgive you for that.

The lens cover can be had for cheap.. below 10 bucks..

If you really must get a replacement tripod without telling him, I'd advise you to get a new one. That way you have more or less redeemed yourself for breaking the tripod. He gets a new tripod, what's there to complain?

But if you do want to confess, follow catchlight's suggestion. He might want a new tripod, so maybe you could chip in for roughly the value of the Nikon tripod

yea i do want to buy a new one, just dunno where to get since you guys say its usually bundled with the camera. he's got other tripods so i doubt he wants a new one..and if i confess, he won't want me to buy or pay for it cos...he's my bf's father!!! :sweatsm:

you are a girl and why are you so chor law and careless? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

maybe it is time for you use your own equipment so you will be more careful about it.

i also want my own equipment..just too broke for it right now! :(

Maybe your friend will even thank you for tht so that he can have a good excuse to get a better tripod :bsmilie:

Lol. Go get it from Alan Photo. I think they sell these seperately. Though if it's above 40, not worth it already to be frank

Status
Not open for further replies.