Help : Bringing Cam to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah_K

Aug 3, 2002
Singapore
www.enchantingkairos.com
I am bringing my G5 on a trip to Genting, although i know the temperature there is no where close to 0 degrees, but i still wanna ask whether any precautions is needed to keep cam in good condition. Problems like condensation on lens etc... :dunno:

Genting is not as cold as it used to be. Yes you will need to beware of the lens fogging up as well as the CCD fogging up. With my CP5000 I just leave it out. There is no problem of condensation once the camera is climatized.

You may face some problem when you come into the warmer insides of say the amusement park.. from the outdoors especially if it is late at night.. may face some condensation.. just wait for a while before using your cam.

If you are afraid of moisture.. just keep a chamios with you to wipe the outside of the camera body. No special conditions..

Hope you have a good trip.

Going Genting??

Ok, from my experience. If you are going to the Snow City thingy (forgot the actual name liaoz), remember that you cam's lens will fog when u leave that place (moving from a cold place to a warm place).

My A40 lens fog up when i left that place! Anyway, wait for the condensation to evaporate... then should be OK liaoz.

Genting. Morning and late afternoon sky is pretty "blue". Don't know if you are lucky to get a cloud/mist free day!

Hmm.. finally try ur luck and see if you can get a new DSLR when u get back Singapore! :p

Happy holiday!

Yesh i will be goin on a trip to Genting... and i do hope the sky will be good to me for that few days :bsmilie:

will post some shots when i get back... if i have some good ones thats is :p

and as for DSLR... that is still a far off dream for me!! haha
no way i will ever be getting that soon... juz G5 alone has made me a very poor man :sweatsm: so not much capital to try my luck when i am there

Ah_K said:
Yesh i will be goin on a trip to Genting... and i do hope the sky will be good to me for that few days :bsmilie:

will post some shots when i get back... if i have some good ones thats is :p

and as for DSLR... that is still a far off dream for me!! haha
no way i will ever be getting that soon... juz G5 alone has made me a very poor man :sweatsm: so not much capital to try my luck when i am there

Hi Ah k,
Yo Bro, when u r going?? me will be there too, leaving at thursday nite frm golden mill, well, maybe we will get to see eath other on genting, ha..ha..
Oh yes, I'm using a C750-uz, see if u can spot me there, he..he..

Godd luck n happy hoilday
Cheers

me will be there slightly later... leaving on friday morning...
and yesh... mebbe will see u there!! i will be on lookout for a C750 user!!
but i guess it will probably be easier for u to spot me... with your long zoom :bsmilie:

since u go there at night... probably reach early morn... nothing to do in the morn so best for taking photos!! provided weather is good lar!!

Need a break from work and am thinking of heading to Genting too next month... but not sure what photography opportunities to expect from there. :dunno:

Could you guys share some photos here..? Cheers....

zha said:
Need a break from work and am thinking of heading to Genting too next month... but not sure what photography opportunities to expect from there. :dunno:

Could you guys share some photos here..? Cheers....

din have much chance to take photos while there... :bheart:
the place is full of ppl and if u like take street pics... that is a good place i tink... scenary will depend on weather

Status
Not open for further replies.