Help brainstorm pls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirtac

Feb 24, 2005
Hi everyone, well basically my bf’s B-day is coming up soon (oct., I like to start planning earlier) and I’m wrecking my brain to come up with a weekend plan in sg (for some reasons can’t go out of sg)… which means I need both day activities and evening ones…

So can anyone give me some ideas for :

1. fun activities, something different that we s’poreans do not do much… (not like movies or shopping)
2. interesting restaurants with nice/unique/romantic atmosphere…
3. and any romantic gestures you can think of…

Thank you all in advance…

U willing to spend? Dinner at Equinox is a good experience, both romantic (try to be there around 6:30pm and enjoy the sunset between 7:00-7:30pm) and can have an overview of central Singapore.

Try to visit Chinatown Heritage Center (check if they are closed, not sure if under renovation). This is definitely one of the Uniquely Singapore. Got Singapore history and also the creepy authentic feeling.

And since this is a photography forum, bring a small camera and walk around ann siang hill area and take some funny wacky weird photos of each other and together so you got some interesting photo-stories to keep after the visit. This place got nice "atmosphere" and conveniently located in the city.

I'm not really the romantic type... hope these gives you some brainstorm.

anirtac said:
Hi everyone, well basically my bf’s B-day is coming up soon (oct., I like to start planning earlier) and I’m wrecking my brain to come up with a weekend plan in sg (for some reasons can’t go out of sg)… which means I need both day activities and evening ones…

So can anyone give me some ideas for :

1. fun activities, something different that we s’poreans do not do much… (not like movies or shopping)
2. interesting restaurants with nice/unique/romantic atmosphere…
3. and any romantic gestures you can think of…

Thank you all in advance…

shouldn't that be done by your bf???

soma said:
shouldn't that be done by your bf???

not when it is his bird dae :dunno: :dunno:

the dinner sounds good... but need more ideas for activities during the day...

any more suggestions???

dawgbyte77 said:
U willing to spend? Dinner at Equinox is a good experience, both romantic (try to be there around 6:30pm and enjoy the sunset between 7:00-7:30pm) and can have an overview of central Singapore.

Try to visit Chinatown Heritage Center (check if they are closed, not sure if under renovation). This is definitely one of the Uniquely Singapore. Got Singapore history and also the creepy authentic feeling.

And since this is a photography forum, bring a small camera and walk around ann siang hill area and take some funny wacky weird photos of each other and together so you got some interesting photo-stories to keep after the visit. This place got nice "atmosphere" and conveniently located in the city.

I'm not really the romantic type... hope these gives you some brainstorm.

wish i could but i have to stay in sg take care of cat.... he(cat) hates thepet hotel thingys....
ortega said:
weekend in sentosa or some other island

Get a place, order some food, feed him without him using his hand. (Can clean him after that too):lovegrin:

i received an email before.. there's a super long list whereby the man need to give the woman in order to make her happy but to make the man happy, just show up naked with a beer ? :bigeyes: :bsmilie: perhaps you could dress up abit, stun him ;p

anyway just make it simpler. need not be expensive.. maybe you could pack some food and go to the beach ?

there's not much you could do in sg.. unless you have a short weekend getaway.. Ubin? Msia?

anirtac said:
the dinner sounds good... but need more ideas for activities during the day...

any more suggestions???

This depends on your bf if he is the sporty type, quiet type or whichever type. Know what he likes (girls not included of course). Maybe you should start with a direction first (is he insto history, techie stuff, photography, etc).

You can bring him to Bugis area during daytime. Bugis Junction is very interesting in itself with lots of restaurants and the fountain with kids playing are also interesting. So show him around this area, and if you are not familiar, read up on the history of Bugis. What is the significance of the old windows inside the malls. I'm not local so I can be wrong but this used to be a hangout of ah guas in the early 70's? Then bring him to the new National Library for a lookaround. Singapore should be proud of their Libraries because this is one of the best (probably in the world). If he is a gadget freak, bring him to Sim Lim... but you may need to bring a tripod to defend yourself (I see SLS as shark-infested fishing ground, you can catch a big fish but you have to fight for it).

Astin said:
Buy a D2X and u be the model for him the whole day...
budget, bueget budget? If we don't know, how can we rake our brains for ideas? I like Astin's suggestion, but I would go for a 1DsMk2, power of full frame, with a 24-70 2.8L lens, book a suite at the Raffles, and you play model. He will be in heaven. Only thing is, you may have to compete with the 1DsMk2 for attention. Just joking.

Really, how much are you willing to spend.

furrycake said:
i received an email before.. there's a super long list whereby the man need to give the woman in order to make her happy but to make the man happy, just show up naked with a beer ? :bigeyes: :bsmilie: perhaps you could dress up abit, stun him ;p

anyway just make it simpler. need not be expensive.. maybe you could pack some food and go to the beach ?

there's not much you could do in sg.. unless you have a short weekend getaway.. Ubin? Msia?

I disagree (except for the naked with a beer part)... there is A LOT you can do in Singapore if you are a tourist. If you are born here, then I agree it seems like you have done everything except chew a gum but for foreigners, 2 weeks will not even be enough to enjoy Singapore. ... another suggestion is to go Orchard Tower... interesting experience.

dawgbyte77 said:
I disagree (except for the naked with a beer part)... there is A LOT you can do in Singapore if you are a tourist. If you are born here, then I agree it seems like you have done everything except chew a gum but for foreigners, 2 weeks will not even be enough to enjoy Singapore. ... another suggestion is to go Orchard Tower... interesting experience.

i guess depends on who you're with :think:

anirtac said:
wish i could but i have to stay in sg take care of cat.... he(cat) hates thepet hotel thingys....

then get a chalet and bring your cat along, daytime swimming, sun tan, cycling and other stuff ....

for dinner seafood (prawns and oysters) or bbq by the beach to the sound of the waves crashing against the water breaker.

At night ... ... ... . .

wake up the next day and watch the sun rise at bedok jetty (bring your camera along)
good enuff?

Yo People

Is the bf a romantic kinda person. I have to admit the tot of havin a romantic dinner, catchin the sunset wud be a perfect bday gift. But if the guy is not into it, he wudnt enjoy a single minute of it.

Checkout wat he likes. If watching Man U on telly is wat he luvs to do. Hey take him to a pub and enjoy the game with him.

Don't forget it is his bday and not yours. So plan watever things u wanna do so tat u can please him and make him happy on tat day. U shdn't plan something that u thing will make u happy.

Just my point of view. Don't have to agree with me.

dawgbyte77 said:

Did that .. .end up eating loti for rest of mth... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

kitkat said:
Did that .. .end up eating loti for rest of mth... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Haha... AMEX got 15% discount but I forgot to mention..... (personal taste here)... the food is not that good. Just the view. Maggi is tastier than loti.

Sorry to hijack.. but any restaurant that has a nice view like Equinox to see sunset? I tot so of bringing my gf for her bday.

hmm... the other time... i took my GF to a spa... SAFRA yishun... very relaxing... 3-5pm... then go for dinner after that... someplace romantic like Chijmes or Equinox will be cool... I think only $198... for couples package... that's if your BF finds it very relaxing... I was trying hard not to laugh or giggle... although my GF found it very very relaxing.. guess it's more for her then... haha... but I planned it... yups...

If your BF is sporty.. why not go for something like wake-boarding... really nice also... very exciting... or jet-ski... also fun... think that all the marinas have that sort of thing... but usually 4 people more worth it..n dun tire so fast... and of course cheaper lah... yups...

Just my 2cents worth... hope that it helps... anyway ups for you... usually BF plan for GF one...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.