Help baby mohamed isaac and his foster family

Saw this report in the papers already.... as much as it sadden me, I can't and won't sign the petition... I have no rights to deny a mother from her own flesh and blood. I understands that the mother was sent to prison (crime unknown)... but surely not due to child abuse ?? The authority wouldn't be releasing the child to the mother otherwise.

I could only hope that the biological mother... if she knows she's unable to care and provide for the child, please give him up to the foster family that loves and could provide for him.

Bro, the full story is the biological mom and their family does not want to take care of the kid, and he has to be placed in a foster home in jb lah.

This whole plight is about the authority, die die must go by the book as the kid is stateless and must be send back to Malaysia, tell me, a foster parent who love the kid, a biological mom who doesn't love the kid, and jb foster home. Who is in better interest of the kid?

Bro, the full story is the biological mom and their family does not want to take care of the kid, and he has to be placed in a foster home in jb lah.

This whole plight is about the authority, die die must go by the book as the kid is stateless and must be send back to Malaysia, tell me, a foster parent who love the kid, a biological mom who doesn't love the kid, and jb foster home. Who is in better interest of the kid?

The 'full' story is the biological mother has the RIGHT to decide what is best for HER child. Unless we could prove that the child has been abused or is being 'Sold'... there really isn't much we can do. Last I heard... the father might not be S'porean at all, therefore how could S'pore authority forcibly keep a Malaysian Child (since we can confirm his mother is Malaysian) from her Malaysian Mother... that is like kidnapping.

If what you said is true regarding the biological mother planning to give him up anyway... then the foster parent could request a meeting and try to make a deal with her in exchange for the child. Our authority doesn't have the right to remove him from his mother...

No need to involve other people domestic issue

voxies09 said:
No need to involve other people domestic issue

Good for u, u can choose to live in a graceful and care society or everyone just mind their own biz, remember this thread if u are at the receiving end next time.

i think you misinterpret my statement; obviously we should care our society problem.. but this child custody is not society problem rather then their personal domestic issue which I as outsider does not have a right to interfere it.

i think you misinterpret my statement; obviously we should care our society problem.. but this child custody is not society problem rather then their personal domestic issue which I as outsider does not have a right to interfere it.

Wow. Then what do you consider as a 'society problem'?

Do you think high housing prices is a 'society problem'? Or a personal domestic issue, considering that financial management is a personal and private thing?

Or do you think that your job security is a 'society problem'? Or is it a personal domestic issue, as everyone will have to fight for his own job, irregardless of the external forces that come to play.

According to the reports in the story, the family here is being left with little choice due to external factors that come into play. So do you still consider it as their personal domestic issue?
Remember the Maria Hertogh riots? How come groups of people come and take it as a 'society problem' and not as a personal domestic issue. Because external forces make the family powerless to resist their decreed fate, and so they rallied on to protect their kind.

So again i ask, what do you consider personal or 'society problem'?

Chill guy, I think we could have overly reacted and into unnecessary debate.

What I was trying to do is a little gesture so that the abandon kid can have a warm and caring family to his own, rather then being lock away into an orphanage. Thinking about it, my heart still aching, it has been a week now and nothing can be done to reverse that.

Will this petition help? I do not know but i guess this is the only thing I could do right now.

Chill guy, I think we could have overly reacted and into unnecessary debate.

What I was trying to do is a little gesture so that the abandon kid can have a warm and caring family to his own, rather then being lock away into an orphanage. Thinking about it, my heart still aching, it has been a week now and nothing can be done to reverse that.

Will this petition help? I do not know but i guess this is the only thing I could do right now.

I dont know man, I find it really infuriating that someone can just pass it off as a 'personal domestic' issue. Imagine, if by some insane decree that old people who are non-ambulant are being required to be deported by law, will he pass it off as 'a personal domestic' issue instead of a social problem? Just because he is not in a situation to get affected, he easily dismisses it as being 'personal domestic' and none of his business? Just how selfish is that? So will it be that if his parents (touch wood) one day becomes non-ambulant and gets sent away forcefully, he accepts that no one can help because it is his own personal domestic problem?

I just want to know where and how does he draw the line between 'personal domestic' and a 'society problem'. No matter what side he is on, his apathy bothers me a lot.

And regarding that petition, i doubt it will work (since when does the gov listen to us), but at least you know you will have tried. And with apathetic, selfish citizens in Singapore, it will be an uphill task for you.

Erm, maybe I should clarify a little more....this petition is not created by me, I am just copying it from somewhere, hoping to find more sympathizer like myself in this community, I am in nowhere link to the kid or author, nor do i know them, I just hope for the best for them.

Firstly... this so called petition is aiming at the wrong person. The petition should be for the Birth Mother to willingly give up the child to his S'porean foster family. In case no one here notice... being born in S'pore doesn't automaticly make you a citizen. The reason could be to prevent babies from being the responsibility of the State, just incase alot of foreign workers decided to leave their babies here... or for foreign to come over to give births and wanting to stay because their child is S'porean. In any case, the Child is stateless... and since the Birth Mother is a Malayisan, we could safely assume that in most court of law... he would be considered as a Malaysian. Is anyone here suggesting that the S'pore authority forcibly keep this Malaysian child from his Birth Mother against all international norm ??? Would anyone of you like to go explain to the Malaysia High Commissioner why we have the rights to 'kidnap' the child of one of their citizen ???

Second... The mother did nothing wrong in giving up the child to foster care in JB. She and her family can't... and is not willing to look after the child. Therefore they did the respondable thing... giving him up to a another loving family in Malaysia. We can question is it better for the child to stay here or over there all day, night, week and month... but we cannot ignore the FACTS that the Birth Mother, have the RIGHTS to decide, as best as she could, whats best for her child.

Since I don't know whats the reason the Birth Mother felt that foster care in JB is better than foster care in S'pore... I could ONLY, called her decision... Questionable. But the decision is still her's to make...

As emotionally as this story is... the S'pore Authority has not rights to prevent a foreign Mother, who has not abused the child in anyway, from claiming back her child.

Kid's mother has the final say. After that, it's the responsibility of the Malaysian welfare authorities to intervene and care for the child if she can't do so..

Nothing much can be done on our side just like the recent case whereby the mother "abducted" her sons away from their non-biological American father who have custody over them though the children have already explicitly expressed their interest to be with her instead.

Firstly... this so called petition is aiming at the wrong person. The petition should be for the Birth Mother to willingly give up the child to his S'porean foster family. In case no one here notice... being born in S'pore doesn't automaticly make you a citizen. The reason could be to prevent babies from being the responsibility of the State, just incase alot of foreign workers decided to leave their babies here... or for foreign to come over to give births and wanting to stay because their child is S'porean. In any case, the Child is stateless... and since the Birth Mother is a Malayisan, we could safely assume that in most court of law... he would be considered as a Malaysian. Is anyone here suggesting that the S'pore authority forcibly keep this Malaysian child from his Birth Mother against all international norm ??? Would anyone of you like to go explain to the Malaysia High Commissioner why we have the rights to 'kidnap' the child of one of their citizen ???

Second... The mother did nothing wrong in giving up the child to foster care in JB. She and her family can't... and is not willing to look after the child. Therefore they did the respondable thing... giving him up to a another loving family in Malaysia. We can question is it better for the child to stay here or over there all day, night, week and month... but we cannot ignore the FACTS that the Birth Mother, have the RIGHTS to decide, as best as she could, whats best for her child.

Since I don't know whats the reason the Birth Mother felt that foster care in JB is better than foster care in S'pore... I could ONLY, called her decision... Questionable. But the decision is still her's to make...

As emotionally as this story is... the S'pore Authority has not rights to prevent a foreign Mother, who has not abused the child in anyway, from claiming back her child.

Unfortunately ....... you are 100% right ......

Intentions to keep the kid in Singapore might be blessed and good ..... but not legal.....

U know our northern neighbors' (I used to be from there ) ability to twist and make ugly or politicize ANY incident or situation to their benefit ...... dont give them that opportunity .... and with Bersih, Najib will grab at anything to divert public attention now

Return the kid back to the mother... we have no rights or claims ..... sorry to sound heartless but the petition is playing an emotional card which opens a whole OTHER can of worms for others whose intentions might be questionable

Last edited: