[Help] autofocus problem on my K5 & 77mm limited

cubicon

Jul 8, 2006
Jurong Point
Guys, have a problem with my above mentioned setup.

the focus just wouldn't lock. the hexagon light in the viewfinder lights up and stay there but the beep sound would not come on. I am pretty dead sure it is in focus already. I switch to af.c and i wouldn't have this problem but i cannot recompose the shot due to the continuous focusing.

Is there something i am doing wrong? it is kinda frustrating, was trying to shoot the 7pm outdoor show just and endup just manual focus.

Guys, have a problem with my above mentioned setup.

the focus just wouldn't lock. the hexagon light in the viewfinder lights up and stay there but the beep sound would not come on. I am pretty dead sure it is in focus already. I switch to af.c and i wouldn't have this problem but i cannot recompose the shot due to the continuous focusing.

Is there something i am doing wrong? it is kinda frustrating, was trying to shoot the 7pm outdoor show just and endup just manual focus.

i'm not sure i understand... if the "hexagon" light is on and u are sure that its in focus, what's stopping u from pressing the shutter? because no beep? ;p

i full press it, it just wouldn't snap ... i am puzzle what is wrong as well.

The sign and lack of action upon pressing the shutter button means the camera can't get focus, I think you may try cleaning the electronic contacts on your k5 n lens first. If it works with your other lenses, then it might be a problem with lens ..

The sign and lack of action upon pressing the shutter button means the camera can't get focus, I think you may try cleaning the electronic contacts on your k5 n lens first. If it works with your other lenses, then it might be a problem with lens ..

i was shooting a combi of 77 and 50300 today. didn't see any problem with the 50300 .... **** . what bad luck ...

i full press it, it just wouldn't snap ... i am puzzle what is wrong as well.

ah... AF.S setting is on focus priority (mode 1). hence, shutter cannot be released unless subject is in focus.

i assume that u were using center AF point or SEL mode (cos u won't be talking about half-press to recompose if u were using AF5 or AF11).

my simple guess is that there's simply not enough light or not enough contrast to lock focus at the AF point u selected. hence, camera cannot lock focus, shutter cannot release.

imo, what u could have tried is to change your AF.S setting to release priority or mode 2, since as u mentioned, u're quite sure that the subject was already in focus but the camera is just refusing to lock focus.

ah... AF.S setting is on focus priority (mode 1). hence, shutter cannot be released unless subject is in focus.

i assume that u were using center AF point or SEL mode (cos u won't be talking about half-press to recompose if u were using AF5 or AF11).

my simple guess is that there's simply not enough light or not enough contrast to lock focus at the AF point u selected. hence, camera cannot lock focus, shutter cannot release.

imo, what u could have tried is to change your AF.S setting to release priority or mode 2, since as u mentioned, u're quite sure that the subject was already in focus but the camera is just refusing to lock focus.

yup, center af ... i tot lighting was darn good yesterday night and today evening. nevermind, shall tried this setting tomorrow at esplanade again to see if it still persist !! thanks man, learn something new everyday :)