HELP!!! Anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violett

Jan 17, 2002
North
violett.clubsnap.org
My colleague has accidentally formatted her system, I tried to restore it back. The worst thing is, she do not have or know where's the Graphics card driver CD is kept and also the brand of the graphics card... :confused:

Is there anyone that can help me slove this situation??? Its now on a default generic VGA adapter, 16 Colour and a 640x480 resolution..

Help anyone??

Violett said:
My colleague has accidentally formatted her system, I tried to restore it back. The worst thing is, she do not have or know where's the Graphics card driver CD is kept and also the brand of the graphics card... :confused:

Is there anyone that can help me slove this situation??? Its now on a default generic VGA adapter, 16 Colour and a 640x480 resolution..

Help anyone??

open up the PC case and look at the chips on the VGA card, or look for any wordings on the PCB board of the VGA card for any word that may indicate it's model/name

Violett said:

Help anyone??

open up the casing and take a look inside.

if using a graphic card, sometimes they will display something just before or right after the bios RAM test screen when booting up.

and if it's a branded machine e.g. HP, IBM, Dell, get the model / serial number and check their websites for info.

caseytan said:
open up the casing and take a look inside.

if using a graphic card, sometimes they will display something just before or right after the bios RAM test screen when booting up.

and if it's a branded machine e.g. HP, IBM, Dell, get the model / serial number and check their websites for info.

... to add to that, once the model/type has been found, you can easily go to the manufacturer's website to download the necessary drivers.

This might work...

Start -> Windows Update

Sometimes it should work.

It should show you something on the screen as it boots. Note that down. Supply that piece of information here.

I might have thihs driver. Let me go back and take a look. This will take some time though as it is pretty old. Once I find it I will let you know ok.

on the graphics chip or on the boot up screen?

Is the graphics chip on the motherboard or there is a VGA card ?

Take a pic of the graphics chip, and the people here can help to identify it and search for the driver.

Try running Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information. Expand Components, Display folder and you should find out exactly what card you have. Then download latest driver from card maker's website.

Am able to find graphics driver SiS 300/305/315E/315.

Grab your camera and macro lens then take a picture of the chip or board and post the picture here, i believe the IT gurus here would be able to help you better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.