help! anyone with experience with 3rd party mb-d10?

chly3001

Apr 11, 2010
Admiralty
hi everyone, i just got a d300 and was thinking of getting a mb-d10 for it.the d300's in poor condition so i didnt pay alot for it, hence im not willing to pay alot for the grip for it either. was just wondering if anyone has any reviews about 3rd party battery grip for mb-d10?

main concern for 3rd party batt grip is 1) i want to put en-el4a battery in and 2) i hope the shutter button will be squishy as like the shutter button on the d300 and original one. i know it'll be plastic construction but for the price i guess i cant complain

any help will be appreciated, thanks!

if u want to use the En-El4a battery on the grip, ul need the BL-3 adapter. from what i know, PHOTTIX BG for D300/D700 set includes a BL-3 adapter, plus the usual AA tray and En-El3e tray.

if u want to use the En-El4a battery on the grip, ul need the BL-3 adapter. from what i know, PHOTTIX BG for D300/D700 set includes a BL-3 adapter, plus the usual AA tray and En-El3e tray.

You need a ENEL4A charger also...

why purposely buy enel4a batts and chargers and add significant more cost?

rechargeable AA batteries are cheaper isn't it. Still provides you the same FPS boost.

thanks for the replies! i actually have a spare en-el4 battery from my d3s and a spare bl-3 chamber cover from my d700's mb-d10. however i heard that the bl-3 for nikon doesnt fit the 3rd party grips well that's why was wondering which grips would support the en-el4a properly

thanks for the replies! i actually have a spare en-el4 battery from my d3s and a spare bl-3 chamber cover from my d700's mb-d10. however i heard that the bl-3 for nikon doesnt fit the 3rd party grips well that's why was wondering which grips would support the en-el4a properly

Yes I have also read that the BL3 may have fitting issues with 3rd party grips, and thus 3rd party grips have different enel4a holder for it. It's only natural cos 3rd party grips aren't 100% copy from Nikon. You'd better bring your stuffs down to test for compatibility before buying.

ah interesting.. but the circuits inside should be able to support en-el4a right? haha i cant test compatibility cause im planning to buy off ebay, seems cheaper heh

Not sure about circuits or compatibility issues but what I can comment after using both types is that the third party ones are lighter and weaker in terms of built, the light weight is an advantage when I am shooting full day weddings consecutive days but the weak built is an disadvantage when you are rigging the camera via the tripod hole where an heavy setup suspended in midair could be risky as its hard to trust the weak plasticy thing, you can actually see it move with force it may crack.