HELP: Anyone tried Spyware Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canturn

Sep 29, 2002
East, SG
www.lyricalmoments.com
Anyone tried the Spyware Doctor by PC tools and how's it compared to Spybot S&D? What's the best freeware for those annoying Spyware currently? Thanks in advance!

Hi Canturn, Spyware doctor is highly recommended by PC World (I supposed you read that issue which highly recommended this software). However, in my opinion, you are better off with the following two softwares (free):

+ Spybot Search & Destroy & Teatimer (active Spamware removal)
+ Lavasoft Ad-ware SE Personal

Reason for recommending two softwares because tests have shown that no single Spyware softwares can remove all spywares. A better effective method is of course 2 softwares!

You may try out Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta version.
It quite good.

However, as what crazypaladin had mentioned, get at least 2 of these sotfware to eradicate those spywares. ;)

canturn said:
Hmm, by installing 2 Spywares will it clash with each other? I wonder...

Not for me. In fact I used to have 3 spyware applications installed, but now only need 2, the Microsoft one + Zone Alarm pro with anti spyware capability.

Nope. They won't. They both run in the fore-grounds. Meaning, as long as you run scans at different times, they won't. Now the best thing is Spybot provides a resident scanner which stops new spam!

crazypaladin said:
Nope. They won't. They both run in the fore-grounds. Meaning, as long as you run scans at different times, they won't. Now the best thing is Spybot provides a resident scanner which stops new spam!

I find the spybot not that good as it doesn't work very well for certain browsers such as Netscape. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.