HELP! aah i need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on how much you paid for the camera. if it were to be a 700 dollar item, minus 130, that's 570. still quite cheap for a "lesson". of course, if it were to be a DSLR of at least 2-3k, minus 130, that's more heartbreaking a lesson. :p

Disclamier: Please note that anything written here are just my views as a fellow CS forum member, with no liabilities or responsibilities of any kind.

pink.Kiki said:
that being said this is the post that i responded to;
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87491

I have read the thread. He claimed that the cam was a brand new SONY DSC-V1 with warranty 9 months. I believe any serious buyer would base his/her decision on these grounds. So were they falsely represented? From your narration, the answer is yes.

To revoke the contract is not always possible. It is only one of the ways to resolve the problem. There are always other remedies, whether from a trial in a court of law or out of court settlement. If the latter is not possible, then just go for the former. If that's the case, it is better to consult a legal advisor.

I don't think the moderators can do much except to prove the validity of the thread and to keep it intact as evidence. TO MODS: Close the thread and don't allow any edition. Maybe suspend the user?

AReality said:
Basically the cam is in good condition right?

Thus, u cannot "sell" back the cam to him, since he sold u a good product.
And if the cam does not spoil within the next 8 months, then the more U can't "sell" it back. Meaning in this case, u cannot void the contract.

But what u can do is since u got his phone number, & if the cam spoils within the 8 months, then u can make a police report.

Not true. It is an implicit condition that the product is in good working condition unless it is stated that the product is spoilt in any way. Hence people enquire about the condition of the item and warranty as in this buy sell forum. Even items you buy from a second hand shop must be in working condition.

To go into 'selling back' is a different kettle of fish. Can you go back to a store and return it for a full refund with no questions asked (even if its in perfect working condition)? Yes, even when the store states that "goods sold are not refundable", but there are conditions to fulfil. Lets not go into details. The point is everyone should know how to protect himself/herself.

Police report? What do you think will happen if you make a police report in 8 months' time? If you feel that something is not right now, do you wait for 8 months and start looking for solutions then?

Unless you're super $$$$$$$, then u'll most prob get a lawyer & scare the sh*t out of the other party. But since most of us won't go that far for a 'less than $1k camera', then i think that suggestion is out of the qn already.

pink.Kiki said:
first of all, i'd like to clarify that the warranty status is still unconfirmed. it is the fact that he is not responding to my calls, and turning off his phone when i use a number that he knew from our meeting, and he hung up on me the first time i called and actually got ahold of him. i have txt messaged him as well and still no replies.
that being said this is the post that i responded to;
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87491
it clearly states the warranty period and his name and phone number. thus i felt very safe. if he did lie abt the warranty, or if the camera is stolen he is violating the priviledges of a very well established community. what is the point of the clubsnap guidlines if no1 is goin to honour them? this partially has to do with following up on what's right.
so now what? i've reallyl been calling everyday, i will harass the moderators as well to see what they can do with their authorities
I see from his previous post that he say got full box........ so did he give u the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.