Help a novice who wants to shoot film

Ignatius Yen

Dec 13, 2011
Singapore
Anyone care to guide me in the right direction as I would like to shoot alittle of film as the colours are simply amazing. Is there any film cameras I can get for under $150?

Anyone care to guide me in the right direction as I would like to shoot alittle of film as the colours are simply amazing. Is there any film cameras I can get for under $150?

Hi,You have a choice of range finder type with fixed lens or interchageable and SLR with interchangeable lenses.You can get more targeted help in the film rangefinder or SLR forums lower down the forum page.Most people start with B/W black n white film as it is cheaper and you can develop the film yourself.PM me for your film camera aquisition tips.:) Don't forget after buying film,shoot,pay for development and film scanning into PC more added cost but if you are game for it...

Last edited:
depends on what kind of mount / features u're looking for... i got my pentax k1000 for abt $100 some time back - body only - as it shares lenses with my DSLR. its a minimalist camera - the only thing that requires batteries is the light meter :bsmilie: everything else is mechanical and manual.

feels good to hear the mirror slap and the mechanical motion as u crank the lever to advance the film after pressing the shutter :lovegrin:

Hi, think u should be about to get a pentax film body for ard that price.. got my program plus for ard 100 also..thou its not a mechanical body thou.

You can also look for a minimalist Nikon camera like the mechanical FM2. They go for about $200-$300 in BNS here. Many Nikon manual lenses are also available for a good price.

A nice and really small Pentax ME super is probably $150 with 50mm f2. The lens can be used on the DSLR too.
Lots of other brand film cameras too. Nikon FM's are very good too.
Look in the Pentax BnS and the Other Cameras Bns

ME Super (Fed2 RF camera behind)
IMGP7124.JPG

I just send for lab development, but I see lots of guys here having fun and more control processing their own b/w film.

A nice and really small Pentax ME super is probably $150 with 50mm f2. The lens can be used on the DSLR too.
Lots of other brand film cameras too. Nikon FM's are very good too.
Look in the Pentax BnS and the Other Cameras Bns

ME Super (Fed2 RF camera behind)

I just send for lab development, but I see lots of guys here having fun and more control processing their own b/w film.

Wow, they look so beautiful. Much better looking than the Pentax P30N I have in my dry cabinet.

Wow, they look so beautiful. Much better looking than the Pentax P30N I have in my dry cabinet.

ME Super is a really nice and small SLR, as can be seen, its the size of a FED2 which itself is a pretty small RF.

ME Super is a really nice and small SLR, as can be seen, its the size of a FED2 which itself is a pretty small RF.

They are really collector's items. Nice :thumbsup: