Help! A Cat came into my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
I really need advice here.... a cat walked in and made herself at home... INSIDE my sofa!

Can't get her out as she climbed into it through a hole and refuses to come out cuz my little kid is keeping sentry guard over this new comer :sweat:

Should I leave her inside the sofa over overnight? Of course food and water is already laid out near her.

I think the cat must be frightened (perhaps so are your family). The food and drink trap may work ... only after the cat has calmed down but what are you going to do shold the cat come out of its hidding place?

my factory normally will have pregnant cats abandon their pussy inside the store area, can hear those cries, sometimes i just put something for it to eat, den wait for it to come out, den take care of it... sometimes they will just finish up the things, & move off...

so just ask your kid to rest, dun disturb it, after a while, it will go off, if it decides to stay, den most likely it will try to mingle with you, den when u really dun like it, just bring the cat far away (find a better place to dump)..

mmhhh... i think someone better keep a lookout for the cat should she comes out. Need to prevent her from gettin back into the sofa. Juz in case the cat decided that the sofa is a good home for her, with food and drink provided right at her new home's "doorstep".

I don't think dumping is a good idea.

But I really don't like the idea of the cat being dependent on easy food supply.... then again, my kid may think otherwise and I don't want to set a wrong example.

CYRN said:
I don't think dumping is a good idea.

But I really don't like the idea of the cat being dependent on easy food supply.... then again, my kid may think otherwise and I don't want to set a wrong example.

since it is an unwanted cat that came to your place by itself, maybe the SPCA can help. give them a call.

Yeah they will help you cull the cat.

Don't think it will stay inside forever... hmm but hard to imagine how your sofa looks like. Hehehe

post a pic of your sofa leh :)

anyway, just dim the lights a bit, put some biscuits and dish of milk and leave. It will come out soon. prepare something handy to block the hole in case it climbs in again.

hey hwchoy nice photo again. i saw what u posted.. thanks. i got problem. without digital.. i really have to take many shots.. besides.. another problem is.. no lens to take fast enough :) thanks anyway

miel said:
hey hwchoy nice photo again. i saw what u posted.. thanks. i got problem. without digital.. i really have to take many shots.. besides.. another problem is.. no lens to take fast enough :) thanks anyway

eh you hijacking this thread ar?

Crysania said:
hmm but hard to imagine how your sofa looks like. Hehehe

Now... it looks like...

IMG_6465.jpg

My sofa is carring a baby.

Anyone knows what cats eat?

CYRN said:
Now... it looks like...

IMG_6465.jpg

My sofa is carring a baby.

My Advice - Perform a Caesarian Section on the Sofa!

why dun u juz "built" or ratehr paste a piece of wood or heavy cardblock over the hold n leave a liltle light thru a crevice.. then when the cats comes out, the flap of wood will shut the "door" and the cat cant rtn into the hole... u know wad i mean... like a one way door

Call the SPCA tomorrow morning (after 8.30am). They will come over and collect the cat. SPCA does not "cull". They have licensed veterinarians at their premises. If the cat is well, it will stand a good chance of being adopted out. Unfortunately, euthanasia is necessary in many cases because they can't afford to keep 12,000 animals that are abandoned every year. But this is better than leaving it to fend for itself on the streets, where it's likely to suffer hunger and cruelty.

SPCA will keep it at least for a couple weeks in case it is someone's lost pet, before adopting it out.

In any case, they will sterilise it before allowing it be adopted out to prevent more unwanted kittens.

Please do not dump it. If you need further advice, you can PM me. Thanks.

shortcake said:
Call the SPCA tomorrow morning (after 8.30am). They will come over and collect the cat. SPCA does not "cull". They have licensed veterinarians at their premises. If the cat is well, it will stand a good chance of being adopted out. Unfortunately, euthanasia is necessary in many cases because they can't afford to keep 12,000 animals that are abandoned every year. But this is better than leaving it to fend for itself on the streets, where it's likely to suffer hunger and cruelty.

SPCA will keep it at least for a couple weeks in case it is someone's lost pet, before adopting it out.

In any case, they will sterilise it before allowing it be adopted out to prevent more unwanted kittens.

Please do not dump it. If you need further advice, you can PM me. Thanks.

For me, I think by calling SPCA, its a death sentence for little kitty...
Seriously how many cats/dogs sent to SPCA gets adopted... I think majority end up getting the lethal injection....
It is my believe that no one has the right to take away life... even under the pretext of 'oh... it'll suffer more so may as well end its suffering'.. :angry:
Bugger.. if that's the case may as well do the same to the handicaps, the aged, etc...

You may want to try the Singapore Cat Welfare Society:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/5533/catwelf.html

if you do not wish to keep the cat, better get it out as soon as possible, cos they might also bring along mites, fleas or ticks with them.

as since your sofa got a hole, time to buy a new one ;p

tush said:
For me, I think by calling SPCA, its a death sentence for little kitty...
Seriously how many cats/dogs sent to SPCA gets adopted... I think majority end up getting the lethal injection....
It is my believe that no one has the right to take away life... even under the pretext of 'oh... it'll suffer more so may as well end its suffering'.. :angry:
Bugger.. if that's the case may as well do the same to the handicaps, the aged, etc...

You may want to try the Singapore Cat Welfare Society:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/5533/catwelf.html

Thanks for offering the alternative. Reason for the euthanasia is they are non-profit and cannot afford to keep all the animals. It's not govt funded. So comparing to humans is not a good one. If the Cat Welfare Society can afford to do it, then that's great. Frankly, I'm not sure how they can though. I've never seen their fund-raising activities. I think they work in conjunction with SPCA though...

The best way is if more people are willing to donate to the cause to save these animals. If someone feels so strongly about letting animals run lose because SPCA or whatever else is a worse alternative, then they should at least do their part for society and pay for it to get sterilised before releasing them.

shortcake said:
Thanks for offering the alternative. Reason for the euthanasia is they are non-profit and cannot afford to keep all the animals. It's not govt funded. So comparing to humans is not a good one. If the Cat Welfare Society can afford to do it, then that's great. Frankly, I'm not sure how they can though. I've never seen their fund-raising activities. I think they work in conjunction with SPCA though...

CWS has many fund raising activities..and pet adoptathons.. mostly on World Animal Day sometime in Oct/Nov held in the youth park (opp cineleisure). Unfortunately, no animal welfare groups i've known of are ever govt funded, CWS included. They do not have any fulltime, employed staff running the entire operation unlike SPCA.. many of the committee members hold fulltime jobs just like me and you and they operate their activities utilizing their personal time, ie. after work and weekends..

here's their site if u're interested to know more of the type of work they do:
www.catwelfare.org

Status
Not open for further replies.