Heloisa @ Chijmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

waileong

Deregistered
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
Tri-X, D76 1+0 7 mins, 20 degrees. M3 with 50/2 DR.

Taken on my lightbox using a Canon G2, inverted, desaturated in PS and some adjustment to levels to boost contrast. Hence, no complaints about technical quality please!

heloisa_1.jpg

<P>
heloisa_2.jpg

<P>
heloisa_3.jpg

<P>
heloisa_4.jpg

501CM, 150/4 CF @ F4, 1/30. Provia 100F

Pix taken by my Canon G2 from a 12x18 print on Kodak Endura Metallic Paper, hence no complaints about technical quality please.

Heloisa_Medium_Format.jpg

waileong said:
Tri-X, D76 1+0 7 mins, 20 degrees. M3 with 50/2 DR.

Taken on my lightbox using a Canon G2, inverted, desaturated in PS and some adjustment to levels to boost contrast. Hence, no complaints about technical quality please!

Composition-wise, she's an attractive model, you've pretty much done her justice. But I'm guessing that you don't have a slide/negative scanner which is why you used your G2 to shoot them?

The idea that you have is actually a good one...what you can do is perhaps make use of the fact that you're shooting negatives to add the contact print look to the pictures...

I pretty much have an analog workflow from development to enlarging, so I use a digicam + lightbox as a quick and dirty contact printer... Wanted to show the entire contact sheet but got some out takes I didn't want to show, hence the selection...

Now I see it again, 2A and 3A not so good, she's so stiff...

waileong said:
I pretty much have an analog workflow from development to enlarging, so I use a digicam + lightbox as a quick and dirty contact printer... Wanted to show the entire contact sheet but got some out takes I didn't want to show, hence the selection...

Now I see it again, 2A and 3A not so good, she's so stiff...

I feel that 2A is good, yes 3A might be a little stiff but that could be due to her shoulders. There's an interesting concept to be made out of your digicam + lightbox concept...I'm sure you have a loupe since you're working with 35mm film (there's always this quality about compared to digital that I just can't point my finger to)...just a thought but take a back-lit image of the film + light-box + loupe, converting it to b/w then inverting the whole lot including the lightbox would be interesting :D but I'm getting OT here...I like the colour shot...works well for me and 35 + 31 if you sort of stitched the photos together makes an interesting combo ;)

Not to hijack ur thread but that was what I used to do :D

154514122_87bc1e3e60_m.jpg

good shot for 31A, I like:D

Ivan.

waileong said:

Pix taken by my Canon G2 from a 12x18 print on Kodak Endura Metallic Paper, hence no complaints about technical quality please.

This gives a nice touch of some sort of faded looking kind of pic. I like it.;p

You have got a fabulous sweet model , my pick for #5

waileong said:

I like this..I think its a great shot

Thanks waileong for sharing your pics.

I just want to share my experience about taking shots off the lightbox and seek your opinion about it.

I used to take X-rays off a lightbox and found that it looks extremely bluish. found out that I had to use a FL filter to get proper wb (that was in the days without digital cams). Did you change the wb to flouresent before taking the shots with your G2?

TIA

If you use a good quality lightbox that gives proper colour temperature of 5000k, no correction should be needed for B&W films and colour slides.

It is important to turn off your household ceiling lights when taking pictures as those can cause colour cast.

I used to have a cheap Hitco lightbox that gave a blue cast, that indicates its colour temp was too high. With my present Just lightbox, there's no problem using daylight wb.

Wai Leong
===
eng_keow said:
Thanks waileong for sharing your pics.

I just want to share my experience about taking shots off the lightbox and seek your opinion about it.

I used to take X-rays off a lightbox and found that it looks extremely bluish. found out that I had to use a FL filter to get proper wb (that was in the days without digital cams). Did you change the wb to flouresent before taking the shots with your G2?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.