Hello!

reeneho

May 3, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hello all! I'm going to be investing in my first DSLR during COMEX so wanted to drop by and say hello!

Had been fiddling with my LX3 for about a year and I had so much fun with it that I decided I want to upgrade and move to using a DSLR. Hope to be able to get some tips & learn more stuff about photography!

Welcome to CS:)

It is advisable NOT to buy DSLRs during IT/PC show/Comex/Sitex.If you wanna know why,please search for the answer.Hope to see you around in outings;)

Yes, what Cleon bus say is true. Btw welcome to Clubsnap.

LOL. I actually did search around here..

I was intending to look at the COMEX prices to compare against the quotes that I've already got from other shops. If COMEX can beat the value, i'll buy at the show. If not I'll likely get from MS Colour.

They quoted me $1050 nett for my D5000 kit. PWP 55-200 lens + original battery @ $199. Throw in a 16GB SD card (that's kind of like a given)..

I'm happy with the quote and it's the best so far I've checked.. but well since I work in Suntec anyway, I thought I'd go check out Comex when it opens tomorrow.

LOL. I actually did search around here..

I was intending to look at the COMEX prices to compare against the quotes that I've already got from other shops. If COMEX can beat the value, i'll buy at the show. If not I'll likely get from MS Colour.

They quoted me $1050 nett for my D5000 kit. PWP 55-200 lens + original battery @ $199. Throw in a 16GB SD card (that's kind of like a given)..

I'm happy with the quote and it's the best so far I've checked.. but well since I work in Suntec anyway, I thought I'd go check out Comex when it opens tomorrow.

And you didn't find out that these shows sell cameras at RRP?

And you didn't find out that these shows sell cameras at RRP?

No harm taking a look since I work in Suntec and I can go just when it opens so the crowd isn't really coming in yet. If I had to make an effort to travel down for it, I probably wouldn't bother. After all I know what I want and I know how much it costs outside, so it's not as if I'm going in blind.

No harm taking a look since I work in Suntec and I can go just when it opens so the crowd isn't really coming in yet. If I had to make an effort to travel down for it, I probably wouldn't bother. After all I know what I want and I know how much it costs outside, so it's not as if I'm going in blind.

Comex opens at 12noon tmr.Trust me,by 11.45am,halls 4xx and 6xx will full to the max:)

BTW I'm going tmr too...

Comex opens at 12noon tmr.Trust me,by 11.45am,halls 4xx and 6xx will full to the max:)

BTW I'm going tmr too...

I was thinking of being a little bit KS and go at 11.30.. :cool: A couple of colleagues are going too so we're all going to look see look see. No matter what, my MS quote is still valid tomorrow. If comex fails to give the deals, I'll head to AMK after work. :D

I was thinking of being a little bit KS and go at 11.30.. :cool: A couple of colleagues are going too so we're all going to look see look see. No matter what, my MS quote is still valid tomorrow. If comex fails to give the deals, I'll head to AMK after work. :D

You can even go at 7am and camp outside,but they'll still open at 12noon.Anyway i'm going at 11.15am:)

Welcome to CS:)
Haha i'm going down to COMEX on fri, wanna buy a cheap 16gb sd card

Yup but memory cards pricing are usually announced on the 1st day of that fair...

Yea, so not sure about the price yet, will try to look for the particular stall then sells cheap memory cards, haha it should quite famous by now, always crowded

Hi and good luck with Comex.

hmmmm okie, no harm going to see... the harm only comes when you take out ur wallet to pay...

or even worse someone else takes ur wallet and pays (for their own stuff).. :sweat::sweat:

Welcome & best of luck.:)