Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahco3

Dec 27, 2004
Hi all,
I'm new here. Thanks to Choy (hwchoy) for pointing the way. The info here's really proven useful.

I'm presently using an Olympus Camedia C-3040, and own a Canon A-1 which I haven't used in a while.

I'm thinking of getting digital SLR, but haven't decided on a specific model yet. I'm thinking maybe an Olympus E-300 or a Canon 20D. Any advice would be most welcome.

Hope to talk to all of you more soon.

Regards

dunno whether i'll become olympus public enemy number one or not... but don't think you should get Olympus E-300/Evolt... Havn't seen a single quality image posted from the camera yet. Please do more research and read the relevant forums and reviews before u make your decision. You'll do better to pay abit more and get either the nikon D70 or Canon 300D or 20D(which is quite abit more expensive).

nahco3 said:
Hi all,
I'm new here. Thanks to Choy (hwchoy) for pointing the way. The info here's really proven useful.

I'm presently using an Olympus Camedia C-3040, and own a Canon A-1 which I haven't used in a while.

I'm thinking of getting digital SLR, but haven't decided on a specific model yet. I'm thinking maybe an Olympus E-300 or a Canon 20D. Any advice would be most welcome.

Hope to talk to all of you more soon.

Regards

Welcome!

And if you go only with the above two, I suggest you go with the Canon 20D.

Cheers!

how much does it cost?? digital or film type?? foe a newbie is it gd 2 hav tis Canon 20D?? or shld i try out wif a cheaper 1?

thks.

Interestor said:
how much does it cost?? digital or film type?? foe a newbie is it gd 2 hav tis Canon 20D?? or shld i try out wif a cheaper 1?

thks.

newbie? 20d's too expensive. from one to another, i would suggest newbies like us should start with 300d or d70... :)

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice guys. I'll have a relook at options, especially to give some serious consideration to the D70 as well.

nahco3 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice guys. I'll have a relook at options, especially to give some serious consideration to the D70 as well.

Better start with a second hand one, then upgrade later when needed ;) You won't loose too much if resell a second hand body :D

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.