Hello, want to ask for recommendation for Bag and Bag's price........

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmemberz

Apr 3, 2005
www.noahphotography.deviantart.com
I'm looking for a sling bag that can hold up my setup.
My setup:
1. 350D
2. Lens Canon 17-40mm f/4L
3. Lens Tamron 28-75mm
5. Lens 70-200mm f/4L
6. Lens 50mm f/1.8

Which Bag do u recommend and the price please. :)

I'm eyeing on this lowepro bag.
How much is the new price for:
1. Stealth Reporter 300AW
2. Stealth reporter 400AW

thx.

For such a heavy setup, I'd actually prefer to use a backpack. The only drawback is that it's going to be harder to whip out the camera when a photo presents itself.

I'd actually recommend the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW. It also has strings on the back to attach a tripod. Retails for about $125 at Cathay Photo. To work around the problem with a backpack, I simply handhold my camera upon arrival at my 'phototaking destination'. :)

Can try the Tamrac Pro series....The design makes your camera more accessible

If u like shoulder bag can consider Lowepro Compact AW, if u like backpack can consider Lowepro Minitrekker AW.

hi all...
thanx for the fast reply.
I used to have a mini trekker AW, But I have sold it because it's very troublesome when I want to change a lens while shooting. :(

Compact AW seems to be a good buy.
How is it compared to stealth reporter 400AW?

newmemberz said:
hi all...
I used to have a mini trekker AW, But I have sold it because it's very troublesome when I want to change a lens while shooting. :(

In my opinion, Compact AW feels stronger and offers better protection for bumps and knocks, especially when running around. I usually load in 1 body, 1 tele zoom, 1 wide zoom, 1 or 2 primes, 1 flash, some battery, memory card, cleaning kit, etc inside.

Astin said:
In my opinion, Compact AW feels stronger and offers better protection for bumps and knocks, especially when running around. I usually load in 1 body, 1 tele zoom, 1 wide zoom, 1 or 2 primes, 1 flash, some battery, memory card, cleaning kit, etc inside.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I second that.

I've been able to fit an unbelievable amt of stuff in that bag, even went to the extent of adding two lens cases to the side (between the side pockets and the front pockets, can squeeze!!!) for the extra space. :thumbsup:

jOhO said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I second that.

I've been able to fit an unbelievable amt of stuff in that bag, even went to the extent of adding two lens cases to the side (between the side pockets and the front pockets, can squeeze!!!) for the extra space. :thumbsup:
Haha, u can still tie the tripod at the bottom of the bag, it's designed for it.
BTW, for newmemberz, this is a shoulder bag, if u are not used to it, it can feel VERY HEAVY at the end of the day, due to the fact that u are hanging all the weights on 1 side of your shoulder - double the stress on your bones.

Astin said:
Haha, u can still tie the tripod at the bottom of the bag, it's designed for it.
BTW, for newmemberz, this is a shoulder bag, if u are not used to it, it can feel VERY HEAVY at the end of the day, due to the fact that u are hanging all the weights on 1 side of your shoulder - double the stress on your bones.

Better Get used to it! :sweat:

newmemberz said:
hi all...

The Trekker actually unzips and folds out pretty nicely to become a soft base for me to change lenses, so I've found that pretty handy. But granted, it involves taking the pack off and squatting in a corner for a while.

The nicest thing about a backpack is being able to bump around the incredible crowds in some places of Singapore, and to do so with impunity. I'm not worried if a crowd at Dhoby Ghaut station washes right over me when I've got my stuff in a Trekker.

Status
Not open for further replies.