Hello to everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

tks

Apr 27, 2004
tohsphotos.fotopic.net
Hi, I just joined ClubSNAP and this is my first post.

I wanted to make sure that my photos are of some standard before I post but in the end, I decided not to wait. Anyway, do check out my photos at http://www.tohsphotos.fotopic.net/c159801.html and let me have your kind advice. In particular, take a look at the last photo of a Tap. I have polite friends who tell me it is nice and other friends who tell me it is ugly and horrible. This will give me some idea as to whether I am doing it right or wrong.

I am a complete novice so try not to be too harsh with your comments! I just want to take decent photos. No intention to take professional photos!

Try to avoid framing the subject dead center in the frame if possible.

Hey, I am a newbie too! ;p

I find that your camera is quite good and u had the basics of photography which is very good for a newbie........

All u need now is to inject more feelings into the photos u took. Like what are you trying to express? and wat is the mood etc?? Difficult to describe but u should learn by looking at other photos galleries by the Csers here. Most of them are really good!

And your macro is also not macro enough, try to go closer??

You can also go for those photo outings and Csers will be kind enough to teach u something. I joined the first time last weekend to Little India and had fun!!

Check it out! They are going zoo this weekend...... ;p

tks said:

I wanted to make sure that my photos are of some standard before I post but in the end, I decided not to wait. Anyway, do check out my photos at http://www.tohsphotos.fotopic.net/c159801.html and let me have your kind advice. In particular, take a look at the last photo of a Tap. I have polite friends who tell me it is nice and other friends who tell me it is ugly and horrible. This will give me some idea as to whether I am doing it right or wrong.

I am a complete novice so try not to be too harsh with your comments! I just want to take decent photos. No intention to take professional photos!

Welcome Toh,... you should know who am I from PPCsg ;)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers!
ST.

Welcome to Clubsnap :gbounce:

First of all...your pictures is decently nice. Keep on shooting and you'll be better. What equipment you use, is not an issue of taking good pictures but the PHOTOGRAPGER! Fancy cameras or euipment is neccessary to achieve certain kind of effects or quality but the substance is important. No use of having expensive equipment if you don't have the eye! So experimental with a lot of things and don't be afraid to try something new or unconventional. Substance is the key.

Welcome to Club Snap :)

tks, ur 1st post with an impressive attachment. tks for sharing n welcome. :cheergal:

tks said:

Hi tks! First and foremost, welcome to ClubSNAP.

My general comments, after looking through the shots, is that they are rather soft. Some of which are also slightly out of focus. While some shots are really so-so, I have to say that some of your shots are quite good, composition-wise. I really appreciated the staircase shot in your house, though it's not really that well-executed.

Anyway, keep shooting. You will bound to be able to produce those kinda "professional" photographs if you keep trying! :D

Thank you guys for your advice. This weekend, I will try some more shots.

ST, you must be wolf from PPCSG, right? Why not the same nick?

tks said:
Thank you guys for your advice. This weekend, I will try some more shots.

ST, you must be wolf from PPCSG, right? Why not the same nick?

Bingo ;)
Because it won't look good if I watermark my photos as "copyright © WOLF" :embrass:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Enjoy your stay at CS, and what's more?
shoot shoot shoot :cheers:

ST, great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ). Just checked out your photos. Saw your water drop shots. When I was shooting my bath tap, I was considering shooting the water dropping from my shower tap but I did not have enough time to do it. Maybe I will try it some time. I figured you need to set the exposure to longer?

WOLF is great. Can be Wonderful (or weird) Old L(think of something) Fotographer.

Status
Not open for further replies.