Hello To All Butties here. TGIF

7D - 2.3k includes lens??

how about d90??

looks like you might need a re-think of your budget :)
Don't have to get the most expensive camera within your budget... the accessories can cost a lot too.
Just to let you know: My D80 kit cost me about 1.6K some years back, but I've easily spent MORE than that just on the other stuff (tripod, dry cabinet, lenses, flashes, filters, etc). And my stuff is nowhere near 'pro-grade'... so you can imagine how costly this hobby is...

i'm not a pentax user but have been recommending pentax kx to my friends recently... really like their light weight and optical stabilizer in their cam body...
and its rather cheap too

Last edited:
Thanks daredevil. I know there is a nikon GSS sale but not sure hw much the kit is already. Definitely cheaper then when I first brought it.

Nothing to do with GSS.

The D90 along with several other items and models were discounted recently by Nikon. D90 got a generous prices drop probably due to a coming replacement model in a few months.

hello to all butties here.
btw TGIF. hope u guys can have a good weekend ahead

Do you watch the NOOSE? Coz I've a sink'n feel'n that's what Babrarella is saying everytime she greets "Hello Everybuttie!"... :bsmilie:

(P/S: I love it when she says "Knight Ridle" instead of "Knight Rider"...)

Last edited:
u used before D90?? pentax kx recommended??
TS, you really shouldn't keep asking "____ recommended?", "_____ good?" because everyone has their favourite brand/model of camera.

You ask 100 people, you should get at least 10-20 different answers. It doesn't really help you.

Yes Pentax K-x is one of the popular models. It offers good value for money: high performance coupled with low price.
In your initial post, you pretty much shortlisted 3 models, but as the thread went on, it seems like you haven't yet done your homework.
So just surf through sites like photozone, dpreview, etc... and try to formulate a shortlist of criteria which you want from your new DSLR.

xmysticalzx, you are IT engineer right? Use your IT engineering skills to draw up a list of specs and requirements you are looking for in your next DSLR purchase. Search the net onilne, google, dpreview, photozone, image resource, to read up on the specs and comparisons of the camera models you are asking about. Form an informed opinion. Go down to stores, try out the cameras, look at the GUIs and combining that with your informed opinion form before, make a buying decision.

yup i'm using D90, i'm happy with it, no complain... constantly wondering if changing to full frame will give me a sharper pic or not...

pentax kx like i say is wat i recommended for my friends... especially female friend, its light, its cheap, it come with image stabiliser in the body which sometime i wonder why mine dun have such things...lol... u may wanna look into pentax sub forum here, i dun see much complain... i think the only problem is the availability of lens... seldom have pentax mount

i think the only problem is the availability of lens... seldom have pentax mount
Which focal length is missing according your opinion? The price list shows a nice coverage and the usual suspects of 3rd party lens manufacturers have Pentax mount available (slowly). Example: Sigma Lens Chart