Hello To All Butties here. TGIF

btw im not really new to this site here, have been browsing here and there but rarely post.
However, im telling myself that i should be pro-active here so as to get along, communicate and exchange pointers with the seniors and juniors here.

anyway kinda new to photography and has developed a huge interest and desire into photography.
i have been eyeing nikon D90, D300/s and canon EOS 7D. hope to be enlightened by the seniors here.
thank u for your time.

btw im not really new to this site here, have been browsing here and there but rarely post.
However, im telling myself that i should be pro-active here so as to get along, communicate and exchange pointers with the seniors and juniors here.

anyway kinda new to photography and has developed a huge interest and desire into photography.
i have been eyeing nikon D90, D300/s and canon EOS 7D. hope to be enlightened by the seniors here.
thank u for your time.

any comments for my first camera hoot?? :p

How much do you know about the cameras you have shortlisted?
In terms of pricing, ergonomics, etc...? They're all good cameras.
I encourage you to open your mind to include the other DSLR brands, which offer good value for money.
Give us some information then MAYBE we can help you narrow down your shortlist.. I stress maybe because sometimes it's hard to strike off camera models so easily.

you do realize that D300s or 7D alone will approach the upper limit of your budget right?
Then what are you gonna do? Buy cheapo lenses and forgo the dry cabinet?

Would be better to go for a slightly lower model. Any reason why you shortlist 7D and D300s anyway? You wanted such a heavy body? Or you need the fps speed?

budget wise 2k+?
not exceeding 3k?

Canon 500D/550D($1400+)
Nikon D5000/90($1400+)
Sony A500/550($1300+)
Pentax K-x($1103)

The remaining money get accessories like filter/cam bag/dry cab.....

for camera + lenses + filters + flash
maybe include bag? no ideal bag in my mind atm.

canon 7D - 2.3K
canon 17-55f2.8 - 1.6K
tamron 17-50f2.8 - 650
canon 430ex - 470

as you can see quite your budget may not be enough.