Hello There!

Radiform

May 4, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for accepting me as a member. It's so wonderful to be here to learnt and I'm amaze that there is so many accessories for camera.
I'm totally new to this camera thingy and to be honest, i'm quite freak out the about the amount of money one could spent on this hobby.
I just bought a Nikon D3000 kit and there is so much features that is so alien to me and i realize that i'm a complete idiot in this.

So please be patience if i pop up some question that does not make sense in this camera world.

Thank you

Since you bought it, use it soon and as frequently as possible. Read up manual will help alot.

hello and welcome!

Welcome to CS:)

Thanks everyone.

Can anyone advice what to look for or what to check in buying used lens like 50-200mm.

Thanks.

Since you bought it, use it soon and as frequently as possible. Read up manual will help alot.

yea. dun just buy let it grow mushrooms. :bsmilie:

Hi welcome to CS:)
Shoot more, Ask more and you will learn more;p
Happy Shooting!;)

Welcome to the club !

Welcome to CS :)

hi hello

Thanks everyone.

Can anyone advice what to look for or what to check in buying used lens like 50-200mm.

I'd check zoom mechanism, focusing (try focusing on something and take a photo with the largest aperture and check to see if the focusing seems off (the part you focused on is not in focus or other parts seem more in focus). Fungus also must check.

If got warranty also must check if got receipt, and model number must be the same on lens, receipt and warranty. Not sure if Nikon needs receipt for warranty but I'm sure Tamron needs it.

And I think you meant 55-200? afaik Nikon doesn't make 50-200...

Hello TS! Welcome to CS! :)

Im a newbie too, got my D5000 last March. Your D3000 is a great camera for beginners too coz it comes with a 'Guide' mode that ask you what kind of pics you want to take then goes to the process of choosing the right settings. One way that I learn how to take pictures is by learning from the camera. I set to 'Auto' mode and each picture has the info settings when you transferred it to your pc. From there its just trial and error on which shutter, aperture, iso etc to set. Most of the time for now, my camera is set to 'P' mode, which I can vary the shutter or aperture, and play around with the other settings. Of course the best is to read up (which i did). Plenty of info on the net, books (library or stores) and magazines. I actually bought a 'dummies' book for the D5000 though im not sure if there is one for D3000. Anyhow, you can still get other references from other publishers. And there is always this forum page at CS ;)

Happy shooting and enjoy your D3000!

Cheers!

Alien? You think that's bad? MadMartian is more alien than you, what's worse... he's mad! :bsmilie:

Welcome to CS! :D