Hello there.... sharing of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobGn

Jan 20, 2009
Hi all Cser...been ping by the admin tht I hv to start from this thread... ;p

Actually hv been follow this thread for the past few weeks... juz to equip myself with more skills + weapons, and of course to know more frens with the same interest...

I am juz getting my first Canon 450D DSLR with Kit lense 18-55 IS on Dec 08, still consider newbies... hehe... hv bought a 50mm 1.8F before CNY.... and I hv an OLD Nikon Speedlight SB-27 Flash which my brother uses it 10 years back, surprisingly... the Flash still can trigger with my 450D... hahaa:embrass:

Not sure what else more I should upgrade further.... some say a flash (but not sure mine is sufficient or not? or a proper Canon compatible flash is better?), some say lenses (which lense is the best for travel? am planning to go Shanghai in near future...)

Hope all the sifu here can enlighten me ;)

Hello...welcome.

What lens is best will depend on yourself. Maybe a 18-250mm to give you the wide-tele range? :dunno:

Hello...welcome.

What lens is best will depend on yourself. Maybe a 18-250mm to give you the wide-tele range? :dunno:

:D yeah, am thinking of either taking the TAMRON 17-50mm F2.8 better or go for Tele-lense such as 55-250mm, or 70-300mm better or multi purpose 18-250mm lense (seems to cover both world, wide+zoom)

Have been read lot of ppl saying Tamron 17-50mm is the best walk-around lense, but it seems to be lack of reach wif 50mm? in dilema now :(

I think for travel purposes, most of the time, I will be taking landscape and some portrait .... since I already hv the kit lense 18-55mm tht cover the focal length.... would the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 redundant in term of having the same focal length?
It come to my mind tht I shld hv the following lense to complete my accesories (at least for the time being... heheh)....any recommendation which one shld I take up first:
- Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
- Tamron/Sigma 70-300mm (or any good tele lense)
- Tokina 11-16 F2.8 (wide angle!! )

any suggestion is most welcome...

Maybe you want to consider getting he Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 for your travel needs. Personally I find that I shoot wide more than tele on my travel trips. Not sure about you though. The IQ of the Tamron definitely is better than the kit lens IMO.

Maybe you want to consider getting he Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 for your travel needs. Personally I find that I shoot wide more than tele on my travel trips. Not sure about you though. The IQ of the Tamron definitely is better than the kit lens IMO.

;) Thnx Galdor.... will source for the Tamron & Tokina , by the way.. one more question;p which one Tamron 17-50mm/ Tokina 11-16mm lense that u all use more frequently?

Hope tht sifu here can giv me some feedback... buying both lense @ the same time will surely make a big hole.....:(

;) Thnx Galdor.... will source for the Tamron & Tokina , by the way.. one more question;p which one Tamron 17-50mm/ Tokina 11-16mm lense that u all use more frequently?

Hope tht sifu here can giv me some feedback... buying both lense @ the same time will surely make a big hole.....:(

I used my 17-35mm the most in my previous trip as I have yet to acquire my 11-18mm back then. Maybe you want to get the Tokina first and pair it with your kit lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.