*Hello Pros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundpunk

Aug 4, 2006
Lentor
soundpunk.blogspot.com
Hello people!
Im new to this forum and also new to photography. Joined this forum so that you pros can teach me the fundamentals of photography and also some photoshop. Noob here so please dun be so harsh ah. :D

Here's a photo i took of my drumset. Please give some comments.
Thanks.

185461203_f446572d70.jpg

Hello, Welcome to the big family.

I am not a pro but just a newbie who's learning also. Don't worry, the nice big brothers and sisters here will guide you along if you need help but do read up and do a search on the topic you wnat to ask before posting as some of the common questions have already been answered before.

Enjoy your stay.

Galdor said:
Hello, Welcome to the big family.

I am not a pro but just a newbie who's learning also. Don't worry, the nice big brothers and sisters here will guide you along if you need help but do read up and do a search on the topic you wnat to ask before posting as some of the common questions have already been answered before.

Enjoy your stay.
Ok, thanks man. Will follow the guideline here. Haha.
;)

Hi Soundpunk, welcome to the community!

I'll have to correct you though ... to me I'd define 'pros' as photographers who make a living out of photography so most us not professional photographers. We're just a fun bunch who just like to eat, talk, sleep and above all ... shoot photographers!

Have fun! :)

Soundpunk said:
Ok, thanks man. Will follow the guideline here. Haha.
;)

Hello fellow punk :bsmilie: :sweat: :sweat:

The pic of your drum set didn't really bring the guitar set out. The background was cluttered with other instruments/stuff and the spot of light made the drum set looked darker.

hello. perhaps a change of angle will do the job. since you are taking stills, can afford to stop down to get a sharper image. use a tripod?

Cool! Another drummer who's into photography as well (or the other way around)! Here's one i just took a few minutes ago to update my drumset photos (I finally managed to find a Sabian 7" HHX Evolution splash!):

Drumz%202.jpg

Anyway, i think from the perspective you'll know that getting this shot wasn't all that easy. :sweat:

Denosha said:
Cool! Another drummer who's into photography as well (or the other way around)! Here's one i just took a few minutes ago to update my drumset photos (I finally managed to find a Sabian 7" HHX Evolution splash!):

Drumz%202.jpg

Anyway, i think from the perspective you'll know that getting this shot wasn't all that easy. :sweat:

omg. ur china is sick as well! HHX? wah. ur setup... seems like u play jazz?

Hey all, thanks for all the inputs so far. Will continue to strive better. LOL.

Denosha, ive seen this pic before. From SOFT right? LOL. Drumma, cannot be jazz lah, this kinda setup probably rock, metal or progressive.
:D

drumma said:
omg. ur china is sick as well! HHX? wah. ur setup... seems like u play jazz?

Lol. Yeah, got a 18" HHX China, 16" HHX Evolution crash, 14" HHX Groove hats and the 7" HHX Evolution splash that i mentioned. My fav cymbals. The tone projection thing really makes a diff. Cuts like crazy (especially the China). The splash is suprisingly loud for it's size.

Soundpunk said:
Denosha, ive seen this pic before. From SOFT right? LOL. Drumma, cannot be jazz lah, this kinda setup probably rock, metal or progressive.
:D

Haha, yeah, posted an older pic on Soft as well. Anyway, you're right, I play hard rock/metal and try to play progressive. hurhur.

Denosha said:
Haha, yeah, posted an older pic on Soft as well. Anyway, you're right, I play hard rock/metal and try to play progressive. hurhur.

Yea, drummers understand drummers. LOL.
Let me take a wild guess... you like stuff like Motley Crue, GnR, Metallica?
And how did you take that pic? i dont see your legs.
:confused:

Err.. The old Metallica and some of the GnR stuff is ok.

But what I do like:

Mostly metal: Anthrax, Apocalyptica, Arch Enemy, Axel Rudi Pell, Biohazard, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonforce, Edguy, Entombed, Evidence One, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Manowar, Megadeth, Mystic Prophecy, Nightwish, Nocturnal Rites, Pantera (RIP Dimebag), Primal Fear, Rhapsody, Sepultura, Slayer, Sonata Arctica, Soulfly, Stratovarius, Testament, Thunderstone & Yngwie Malmsteen.

The bits of hardrock: ACDC, Ozzy Osbourne, Skidrow, Dio, Deep Purple

Prog: Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Opeth, Symphony X

What about you?

Err, the pic. Well. Attached my camera to my monopod, angled the flash to bounce off the ceiling while the lens was angled to point downwards as I held the camera up near to the ceiling via the other end of the monopod. Exposure was set manually through trial and error, focus was auto. Used a remote release to take the shot. Troublesome huh? :sweat:

I am also new to the site, but I know that not only talking to people helps, but aslo persnal experience. Remeber it takes about one hundred pictures to pull out the perfect one. Also with photoshop I have CS2 and love it. I have the manual for it and I do use it as a reference, but I also have found that just playing around on it and discovering things the hard but also simpilar way is the best. I know for me it takes some figiding and messing about to find waht you need, but have patience and everything will come together. :thumbsup:

Denosha said:
Err.. The old Metallica and some of the GnR stuff is ok.

But what I do like:

Mostly metal: Anthrax, Apocalyptica, Arch Enemy, Axel Rudi Pell, Biohazard, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonforce, Edguy, Entombed, Evidence One, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Manowar, Megadeth, Mystic Prophecy, Nightwish, Nocturnal Rites, Pantera (RIP Dimebag), Primal Fear, Rhapsody, Sepultura, Slayer, Sonata Arctica, Soulfly, Stratovarius, Testament, Thunderstone & Yngwie Malmsteen.

The bits of hardrock: ACDC, Ozzy Osbourne, Skidrow, Dio, Deep Purple

Prog: Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Opeth, Symphony X

What about you?

Err, the pic. Well. Attached my camera to my monopod, angled the flash to bounce off the ceiling while the lens was angled to point downwards as I held the camera up near to the ceiling via the other end of the monopod. Exposure was set manually through trial and error, focus was auto. Used a remote release to take the shot. Troublesome huh? :sweat:

Woah, metalhead. im a more rock and now into alternative kinda dude. Listens to stuff like GnR, RHCP, Metallica, Oasis, blink-182, Green Day, Velvet Revolver, Weezer and stuff like that. Not really into prog cause of the very technical stuff. :embrass: just look at mike portnoy man. LOL.

woah, rather troublesome to take. But it's a beautiful shot. My drumkit is somewhat less impressive. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.