Hello people

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceZ

Dec 16, 2009
Hiya people, im quite new to CS but have been around reading some information on DSLR.
I read up abt entry level DSLR and found that Pentax K-x suits my needs.

Its very intriguing how much information can be found in this forum and im loving every minute of it.

However i have yet to get any DSLR camera as of yet. I have been using P&S camera all this while and have grown accustomed to it but as of now i am willing to go further with my passion and to get a DSLR myself.

I did think about a prosumer camera however i have a huge preference of manual zoom(aka with hand) and manual focus and most prosumer camera is of digital zoom.

I did set my mind on the pentax however i just wish to ask if any of you knows a shop that provides payment by installment? I do have the budget but its kind of a pain to fork out a full $960 at one go as i am currently serving the nation and not having earn much.

Thanks in advance!

PeaceZ

Dec 16, 2009
Hi! Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately i do not have a credit card :/

Maybe i have to add in the option of buying a second hand at 820 :D

Nov 2, 2009
The cheapest Pentax K-x is $942 cash price. So its not far from the second hand price... Might as well get the first hand.

Numnumball

Mar 6, 2009
Central
Welcome to CS, believe most of the shops allow u to pay by installments athough they will charge admin for creditcard in the region of 2.5~5% on top of the cash price they quoted u for the item :)

PeaceZ

Dec 16, 2009
Thanks all for the reply.

The second hand i saw was of around $820 with only a round a week of use.. compared to a first hand $942 a difference of 120 bucks. but of course the best is still a first hand as it is all new and urs to keep haha.

Anyway i dun really know much abt credit card. So if lets say i use a family member's CC, how much more do you guys think ill be paying overall?

Burnings

Dec 10, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Thanks all for the reply.

The second hand i saw was of around $820 with only a round a week of use.. compared to a first hand $942 a difference of 120 bucks. but of course the best is still a first hand as it is all new and urs to keep haha.

Anyway i dun really know much abt credit card. So if lets say i use a family member's CC, how much more do you guys think ill be paying overall?
Some shops do offer interest free instalments by CC so you might wanna google on it.

if really using CC, go for shops with interest-free installment.

Not sure about the price, but those best denki, courts do offer interest-free.
You can try them unless places like MS or CP price is lower than them after the admin charges.

eileenk

May 10, 2009
The cheapest Pentax K-x is $942 cash price. So its not far from the second hand price... Might as well get the first hand.
Hi, any idea if this pricing includes both the 18-55 50-200 lens? or only 18-55lens?
Care to share where to get it at $942 cash price?

Thanks!

eileenk

May 10, 2009
Hi thanks for the reply all, ill consider it.Kinda sad though that pentax is not being sold on courts, harvey norman etc etc heh.

As for the $942 ... You can check the price list here :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534146

Thanks, PeaceZ!
I'll probably hold on a little while more.... hopefully the price will go down a bit more :think:

PeaceZ

Dec 16, 2009
An update all... Got myself a pentax kx dual lens kit (18-55) (50-200) for $1156 at SLR rev. Thanks for the help all :)

-A happy pentaxian :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom