Not open for further replies.

hisoka

Jun 25, 2004
Singapore
Hello :cheergal:
new member here...
qing duo duo zhi jiao ! ;)

Hi Hisoka,

Welcome to CS! Hope to see more of you and your photos soon! :)

hihi Gymrat76
i am new here, need advice on getting a new digicam
which forum should i post to ?? :dunno:

You can post here. Some of the important things before you ask:

1. State your budget, and also be aware of hidden costs, i.e. when buying digital, you must also take into consideration that you'd need to buy memory cards, spare batteries.

2. What kind of photography? Do you intend to take up photography as a serious/semi-serious hobby? What kind of camera are you looking for, film vs digital? Point and shoot (compact camera) vs SLR etc.

3. Any brand preference? Nikon, Canon, Olympus etc

:)

Welcome to ClubSNAP!! :cheergal:

welcome..to the dark side :) ;) :cool:

hehe isn't it welcome aboard?

anyway, hisoka, as another member has mentioned, budget and brand preference would be prefered

hello! welcome to the big familiy of clubsnap! keep posting!

:cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

Welcome hisoka!!

woot........

hi everyone,

1. budget, not more than $500 ?

2. not really photography :) , just need a digicam for casual photo taking.
this forum is not only for ppl into serious photography issit ?? :what:

3. i would prefer a canon, cause i like the brand

based on your reqirements, buy any canon that fits your budget. most canon compact digital cameras perform well and i think that they are the best in the market. just my opinion. im a nikon user by the way. whatever the case, you are using it for casual shots only right?

hisoka said:
hi everyone,

1. budget, not more than $500 ?

2. not really photography :) , just need a digicam for casual photo taking.
this forum is not only for ppl into serious photography issit ?? :what:

3. i would prefer a canon, cause i like the brand

Hey Hisoka,

These forums are for ALL photographers, whether you like taking snapshots of family and friends, or if you're a serious professional (which we have a few here). Most of us here are amateur photographers, or just hobbyist, so don't worry :bsmilie:

1. In the $500 range, you can consider both these Canon cameras:

a. Canon IXUS IIa
b. Canon A75

Both are selling for around $500, though I've not used either. Maybe other Canon users can help you out more. Both are 3.2Mpixel cameras, but the IXUS series seems to be more popular with the ladies due to its sleek and small design. Maybe you could even check out some online reviews to compare specs between the two.

personally, for canon, i wouldn't recomment the IXUS II as the images are really soft and the contrast is usually out, and images usually need alot of work in post.(personal experience) Perhaps u could consider upping the budget slightly for a Ixus 400/430? Much better performers compared to the Ixus II and the A75.

Ixus 400/430 was recommended based on your brand preference :) if there was no preference, I would recommend the sony P100/W1. Great cameras(5MP), but in the $600 range...

Regards, Richard

thanx Gymrat76 and ricleo

actually i just need a digicam for my casual shot
performance wise i really have no clue, as i know nothing about them ;p

my last camera was an old old canon (dont know the model though :embrass: )
the problem with it is that it consume batteries really fast!!
i practically have to change a pair of AA batteries after every 10+ shots, is that normal?? :dunno:

i like the ixusII though, small and handy

Status
Not open for further replies.