Hello Kitty and our nation

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Someone I know remarked: "if Hello Kitty or the reaction to the haze is anything to go by, Singapore would not be an independent nation in 50 years' time."

You agree?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with liking our pussy ;)

Just remove the 'and' in the subject line ..

The someone you know, is not observant. There are plenty of Singaporeans who are not bothered much about the haze + totally not interested in Hello Kitty.

Loss of independence has nothing to do with an insignificant lunatic fringe obsessed with a cat doll from hamburger joint.

It arises from a militaristic expansionist aggressor nation that dreams of hegemony. SG found that out in the Dec 1941 air raids and subsequently in Feb 1942.

It arises from a militaristic expansionist aggressor nation that dreams of hegemony. SG found that out in the Dec 1941 air raids and subsequently in Feb 1942.

What the land of Rising sun can't do militarily they do it with a cat doll.

Inside every cat doll there is a code that once deciphered can well create a tsunami with Japanese warships following it.

Someone I know remarked: "if Hello Kitty or the reaction to the haze is anything to go by, Singapore would not be an independent nation in 50 years' time."

You agree?

Unfortunately your friend may be more right than he himself knows.
Singaporeans like to focus on small, tangible issues instead of seeing the big things that are happening.

Singaporeans like to focus on small, tangible issues instead of seeing the big things that are happening.

that's why the girls are very small too :bsmilie:

In the grander scheme of things haze is a weapon of war.

It will drive Singaporeans to mass migration to countries with clean air e.g. Canada, Australia, Scandinavian countries etc.

:)

You agree?

what did jacky and his shifu expressions tell you?

quQt0DPCotCjTEhlFXpaM3sESQZ.jpg

Last edited:
Because for a long time they were told to do so :) The big topics are for the big guys 'up there', ordinary people think about chicken rice, a house, utility bills ..
If then there is a small kitty coming along the way .. Now, that's something to shout and rave :bsmilie:

Last edited:
on one hand, singaporeans are well-off enough to bother with a cat with no mouth and not about when their next meal is coming.
on the other hand...

first world problems?

I'm going to blame McDonald as they have experienced the issues in the year 2000 with the Hello Kitty promotion.

Fast Forward to this year there was no risk assessment with the Hello Kitty promotion and valuable resources from the Hometeam was taken away to deal with the crowds.

The Hometeam should bill McDonald.

Nothing is stopping McDonald from running the Hello Kitty promotion for 3 months with ample stocks.

Last edited:
Because for a long tiem they were told to do so :) The big topics are for the big guys 'up there', ordinary people think about chicken rice, a house, utility bills ..
If then there is a small kitty coming along the way .. Now, that's something to shout and rave :bsmilie:

Problem is, now everyone wants to be on top, with the same mindset fixated on the small things instead of thinking wider

Problem is, now everyone wants to be on top, with the same mindset fixated on the small things instead of thinking wider

The strange thing is that the next one on top will make no difference.
Want to clean up a hawker center and big hoo ha instead of fighting dengue and negotiating haze treaty... like that, the cow council manager will be out of job...oh or was that the objective in the first place...hmmm

The strange thing is that the next one on top will make no difference.
Want to clean up a hawker center and big hoo ha instead of fighting dengue and negotiating haze treaty... like that, the cow council manager will be out of job...oh or was that the objective in the first place...hmmm

everyone wants to be on top.

but for me. i prefer that others are on top :bsmilie:

images

everyone wants to be on top.
but for me. i prefer that others are on top :bsmilie:
Agreed. These nurses mentioned earlier, for instance :bsmilie: