Hello! Just gotten my 450D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
Been reading up the manual for the past 1.5 hours.. Falling asleep already ..

Was reading up and trying the cam at the same time however just abit blur on the Focus part.. when i half shutter the red led alwiz aim at the mid spot area.. how do we choose our focus area???

ohh btw! if i set the quality 12 Mega pixel and 6 mega pixel is there any diff in quality? no right.. as long as i set to fine... or should i just set it to 3mega

ohh btw! if i set the quality 12 Mega pixel and 6 mega pixel is there any diff in quality? no right.. as long as i set to fine... or should i just set it to 3mega

Nah, slongs you set it to JPEG FINE or RAW FINE, (anything with optimal quality) They will come out nice and sharp. Megapixels only affect your prints. So the larger you print the more, higher megapixel count will help.

Hmm check out how to move through or adjust your AF points. You should have 9 to choose from. Soz, im a Nikon User. Trying my best to help translate nikonian to a canon user :sticktong

yes.. i read the manual they say can adjust.. but i just can't get it..

ur thumb there got 2 small buttons next to the viewfinder

u see got one alot of dots press that then can change

hi thanks for the video really useful just wanna checfk when taking potrait i understand u should focus on the eyes.. so juz use one of the boz to focus on the eyes?

Congrats on your purchase.

hyori said:

Why not take a series of photos and see the difference for yourself?

hyori said:
yes.. i read the manual they say can adjust.. but i just can't get it..

Obviously, you haven't been reading the manual properly then...

hyori said:
hi thanks for the video really useful just wanna checfk when taking potrait i understand u should focus on the eyes.. so juz use one of the boz to focus on the eyes?

punctuation...!
what is boz?
For portraits, when the eyes are sharp, the brain perceives the image to be in focus.
You can just leave the focus selector to be in the middle, aim it at the eyes, half-press, re-compose, and fire. Chances are you also want to meter of the person's face anyway, so this method works well for center-weighted or spot metering.

thanks.. sorry boz = box spell wrongly..
haha... btw i got a prime 50mm lens does it means min distance is 50mm from object? otherwise it be blurred? if too near?

congra on ur new buy, fellow 450D user...;)

thanks ! :)

haha... btw i got a prime 50mm lens does it means min distance is 50mm from object? otherwise it be blurred? if too near?

Min focus distance is the closest you can focus on the object.
Anything nearer than that you are not able to focus.
Check your lens specs for the min focus distance.

hyori said:

the 'mm' is referring to the lens' focal length, not its minimum focusing distance.
Just google "lens mm" and you would have gotten your answer.

welcome.. really quite rare to see ppl getting 450D now over 500D lol.. i too got my 450D 3 mths ago..

haha yeah.. dun see the need for the HD video..

Status
Not open for further replies.