Hello, im new here. (hesitation) Buying new Camera

Cjhnsn

Apr 29, 2010
Singapore
hello CSers,
i would like to ask opinions from y'all.
a friend of mine decided to upgrade his DX Nikon SLR to Full Frame FX Nikon.
and supposedly his budget is around the price of Nikon d700.
the doubt is that, should he buy the d700? as what i've heard the rumors about the new Nikon D700 replacement is coming?
so. i ask you all to help my friend to give suggestions? :)
any suggestions are so appreciated :)
THANKS!

Will the new camera have any feature that is dearly missed at the current model? Are there any specs announced that make things possible which are currently not? If the answer is not a clear 'yes' I guess it's just itchy pocket and the illusion "it's time for something new" without a good reason. Wait for the new model, get the D700 for lower price.

hello CSers,
the doubt is that, should he buy the d700? as what i've heard the rumors about the new Nikon D700 replacement is coming?
THANKS!

yes should wait for the replacement...D800... iso can go way way over 100k??.... however, if your friend can wait for another few more years he can get a D900 that can take photo in near pitch black darkness.... but then he can wait that long, why not wait longer still for the D1000 that can take photo in absolute darkness....... :D

PS... jokes aside... I hope you can catch what I am trying to say.

huh, so if D800 or D700s comes out, he will chiong to buy the new camera? Isn't that abit irrational?

Will the new camera have any feature that is dearly missed at the current model? Are there any specs announced that make things possible which are currently not? If the answer is not a clear 'yes' I guess it's just itchy pocket and the illusion "it's time for something new" without a good reason. Wait for the new model, get the D700 for lower price.

:) thanks for advice.

yes should wait for the replacement...D800... iso can go way way over 100k??.... however, if your friend can wait for another few more years he can get a D900 that can take photo in near pitch black darkness.... but then he can wait that long, why not wait longer still for the D1000 that can take photo in absolute darkness....... :D

PS... jokes aside... I hope you can catch what I am trying to say.

LOL. got it. bsides that tech life cycle never end!

huh, so if D800 or D700s comes out, he will chiong to buy the new camera? Isn't that abit irrational?

hmm.. maybe.. that's why i need CSers opinions to help :)

THANKS ALL! :thumbsup:

hello CSers,
THANKS!

How come your 'friend' cannot come to this forum and ask for himself?

If upgrading from DX to D700FX, your friend is clearly not new to photography. The reasons for an upgrade should be clear enough in his head.

Hi, Only if I need to use it daily, then I buy.

How come your 'friend' cannot come to this forum and ask for himself?

If upgrading from DX to D700FX, your friend is clearly not new to photography. The reasons for an upgrade should be clear enough in his head.

I think he's buying it himself.....just that some people like to use the "my friend is intending to buy..."

more interesting than to hear them say..."I am intending to buy...."

actually u're friend should already realised that if the budget he already have is around the price of the current D700, it will never be enough for the coming replacement.....so grab the D700 now and don't look back.

NAH, thought just ask CSers through my account would be good :).