Hello & hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhui

Nov 10, 2009
Hi All,

I been reading this site for more then past 6 months and is very informative. :)
Actually was deciding either a Canon or Nikon and realize either one won't be wrong ;) and I got a Nikon D300S with 50mm 1.8f lens.

I'm quite new to photography (DSLR) so is a bit complicated for a camera like this. I use to owned a Canon Pro-1 which i find it complicated not to mention this new toy :embrass:

Hope you guys will guide me and will look forward to some outing for photo shooting session.

Oh... just order an AIPO dry cabinet and now waiting for delivery :)

Was thinking of getting another lens (wide angle), any lens to recommend?
Should i get third party or nikon lens? Is there any website on wide-angle lens I can read more to make a comparison? Most important... not too expensive, value for money(cheap and good) is the best...hahhaha;)

Cheers
iamhui

Hello...welcome.

There are a number of options for wide angle. Maybe you can do a search and shortlist a few first.

Hiiii

cheers

Hello...welcome.

There are a number of options for wide angle. Maybe you can do a search and shortlist a few first.

Hi Galdor,
Have did a search on the lens and narrow down to 3 lenses
- TOKINA 12-24mm/F4
- NiKON 12-24mm/F4
- SIGMA 10-22mm/F4
but..... i never expect the prices was so high for lenses :confused:

OMG... need to save a few months allowances then will buy it..hiaz....

Is the above mention lens ok?

Cheers

Hi Galdor,
Have did a search on the lens and narrow down to 3 lenses
- TOKINA 12-24mm/F4
- NiKON 12-24mm/F4
- SIGMA 10-22mm/F4

Cheers

Yes, lenses are not cheap, esp wide angle. The lenses you have shortlisted are good enough if you ask me. maybe you can do some research now to see what are the pros and cons of each lens you have listed and see which suits you better.

14-24mm f2.8 :thumbsup: although can't mount front filter
but next time can bring to FX too

Last edited:

Welcome to the "real" cost of buying a DSLR. ;)

Cheers

Hello iamhui. A very warm welcome to you.
But I believe after half a year or so, when your savings are up, and your passion grows, you would be raring to go for that wanted lens. And somehow you will reduce other expenses to accomplish your photographic equipment quest...

Hi, Welcome to the club. I see that your list doesn't have the 10-24 Nikkor and the 11-16 F2.8 Tokina. You left them out deliberately?

wow fierce D300S as first cam :p Good choice, D300S is the best of Nikon DX series. You din't research Lens price before you buy? From what i have asked the shops, Nikon lens are slightly more ex than Canon. Anyway good lens don't come cheap, it can cost as much as the body itself

Hi iamhui,

Wow.. i salute you. First DSLR u buy the best of Nikon DX series.. :cool: Why din't you consider Pentax? K-7 is awesome and save your money in pocket to buy more lenses.. ;p

Yeah Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 is sharp but lack of contrast compared to Nikkor n Sigma. If you like sharp images, choose Tokina 11-16mm, if you love saturated colour then choose Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 or 10-20mm F4-5,6 over Nikkor cox cheaper la. ;p Money not an issue then Nikkor 10-24mm will be the best of all. ;)

Lastly, Warm welcome to CS..

Cheers! :cool:

Welcome to CS iamhui!!!

Have fun here..!!!
Shot more and post more too..!!!
that will help you to improve.... ;)

14-24mm f2.8 :thumbsup: although can't mount front filter
but next time can bring to FX too

Hi Horizon_grazer,
You mean the 14-24mm f2.8 can't add on filter like UV or polarize??:confused:
I intend to get a wide angle lens and next time add UV filter in photoshooting once I master the skill of it. How to check whether can I add filter if i going to get any new lens.. pls guide me dude..

What is FX..pls advice

Thanks

Welcome to the "real" cost of buying a DSLR. ;)

Think must forgo or stop some others hobby and "repair" for this new hobby. :)
In average for newbies, what the damage can reach?

Hello iamhui. A very warm welcome to you.
But I believe after half a year or so, when your savings are up, and your passion grows, you would be raring to go for that wanted lens. And somehow you will reduce other expenses to accomplish your photographic equipment quest...

Hi limwhow,
Thanks for the warm welcome and my passion need to grow slowly due to $$ ;)
Photography is indeed expensive hobby but still worth investing in it. The money can't buy the images / moment we caught in the camera :) but is still expensive..hahhaha

i believe I will slow down other hobby just to accomplish photography.

Cheers

Hi, Welcome to the club. I see that your list doesn't have the 10-24 Nikkor and the 11-16 F2.8 Tokina. You left them out deliberately?

Dude... this 2 lens of course is my favorite. I left them out due to budget. Any recommend for other wide angle beside the 3 lens I mention??

Think must forgo or stop some others hobby and "repair" for this new hobby. :)
In average for newbies, what the damage can reach?

Up to you. Some people think they have to have all the best lenses... Then your damage can get close to 10k.

Others just stick to 1 or 2 lenses and are happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.