Hello from Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clunk

Sep 10, 2008
Darwin Australia
Hi everyone, I live in Darwin Aust. but have PR in Singapore. I travel back and forth with my wife who is a Singaporean and has her family there. I love Singapore, it is so different from Darwin. When my wife's children have children of their own we will be moving there to live for an extended period.
I am a High School Science Teacher rapidly approaching retirement.
I have just purchased a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 and should receive it early next week. I want to get back into photography have not done anything except point and shoot for many years.
Hopefully I will be able to show some fishing, hunting and 4x4 driving photos from Oz.
Will be visiting at Christmas time and would enjoy to meet new friends

Cheers, Clunk

Welcome to the CS community.

Welcome..... do show us some local photo around your area. :bsmilie:

Welcome...

Love to see your fishing pics ;)

Hi everyone, thanks for your welcomes.
I like to take a wide range of pics, from sporting events, football, cycling, motorbikes (BMW)
to sunsets, wildlife, abstract patterns, storms, fireworks, macro of insects, flowers and old farming machinery.
Have not yet figured out how to post photos yet, when I do I will post some fishing and wildlife pics, nothing special, to speak of but am still waiting for new camera to arrive. Looks like it will be here Monday.

Thanks Clunk

Cool! Show us some Darwin photos!
OZ nature shots are usually beautiful!

hi there, i'm at queensland, brisbane. but i'm singaporean, welcome to cs and singapore ! hope to see more of your sharings

Welcome welcome! HI THERE :)

I'm from Perth, but currently holidaying in UK :)

Hi adamadam, I lived in Perth for 22 years before moving to the Top End, my parents live in Joondalup.
I love your black and white shots. Tell me, I am a newby, do digital cameras have a black and white or sepia function or is there some trick that you do? I would read the manual but it has not been delivered yet.

Thanks Clunk

Hi Clunk :)
I'm glad you liked the black and white shots. Some digital cameras have black & white or sepia effects, but for those, I converted it black and white on the computer. They were actually shot with my infrared modified G2, but the false-colouring didn't seem to work so well, so I made it black & white and adjusted in lightroom.

What do you hunt? :D

Hi adamadam, years ago my parents went to Singapore for a holiday and brought me an Olympus OM1 SLR. I wanted to get the best out of it so I went to night school and did a photograghy course at Perth Technical Colledge. It gave me a good basis to work from and helped explain the magic of photography, but for me with a growing family it was an expensive hobby.
Last week I purchased a Lumix FZ28, hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow, and rekindle my love of photograhy. I am planning on moving to Singapore first for a year and then maybe long-term. I will need an interest to stop me going around the twist.
I play lawn bowls, hunt water fowl and fish, all things I will miss if I move to Singapore.
You are probably thinking "Why move then?", my new wife is Singaporean and her sons are married and planning to have children soon. I will not be able to keep her here in Darwin if there are grandchildren in Singapore. I also love the food in Singapore. I have PR and travel there three to four times a year. Here are some pics of my hobbies in Darwin.

http://photobucket.com/clunk

Status
Not open for further replies.