Hello from Brunei Darussalam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingsiang

Dec 8, 2007
Greeting everyone, I am IngSiang from Brunei Darussalam. :)

I had been reading ClubSnap for several months, especially on the Singapore photography market (pricing, outlets and etc).

Recently, I got my Nikon D40 (I had been reading for more than 4 months, and I got my first dSLR 1 month ago) from Singapore (I am not sure which outlet, one of my friend get it for me), at SGD795. I like the price of the market, and the shipment is not too heavy to sack the deal either (if I am to get a tripod to ship from Singapore to Brunei, it will cost me around SGD20).

I like what PPCPOnline is offering, too.

Here, I introduce myself, as well as asking a few questions, and I hope you guys can provide me with some comments/answers.

1. What is the quality of products of PPCP? I am planning to get either their Pro V2 tripod, or the new upcoming Stetige.

2. Since the price is about the same, should I get a Benro, or a PPCP's? What is the quality control of PPCP? (I wouldn't want to 'return' the product to PPCP, due to shipment) How about Benro's?

3. Is there any other online photography store? One which ships worldwide? (Brunei..)

I use a D40, and plan to get myself 55-200mm VR, SB-600 and nothing else. I am hoping for Nikon to come out with AF-S prime next year, I hope they do, else I am also looking forward for a Sigma 30mm f/1.4. Any comment on these? I would like to hear more about the Sigma.

Thanks for your time everyone, I look forward to share more with you guys. :thumbsup:

Btw, my blog is http://vagabond.vrien-den.com/ and I'm a Sixth form student. =)

Hi Bro.... welcome to ClubSNAP.

I'm using a PPCP V2 tripod myself.

Pro
- light
- cheap (comes with ballhead)

Con
- Can't support heavy setup
- legs aren't really steady

I've recently change the Ballhead on my V2 with a Benro KJ-01 Ballhead. Was having problem supporting my setup of 400D + Battery Grip + 75-300mm lense. With the new ballhead, I have less problem now. I do like a lighter tripod to a more heavy one..... last thing I need is to carry 2-3kg around my back while walking in the afternoon sun.... ;)

How about the build quality? You prefer PPCP's or Benro's?

My load should be fairly small, within these 2-3 years, they shouldn't exceed 2kg (D40 + kit lens/55-200mm VR + SB-600), or even less than 1kg (since if I use SB-600, I won't use tripod).

I am more concern over their build quality since I can't access both products (need to order online). =) And erm, PPCP's pro V2's legs are not stable? How about Benro? Can anyone tell me how stable is your A-057 or A-157? =) Try consider my combo and tell me if it would be stable enough. =)

If I could afford a Benro, I would get it..... hehehe, the problem is Benro cost alot for the height and weight which I want. Of course if cost is not a problem, I get myself a Benro ;)

Thanks, guess I'll just go wit Benro, since my need can be easily satisfied by the cheapest Benro package. =)

Try Feisol carbon fiber tripods. Sturdy, very well-built and yet affordable at about S$350. ;)

im using a benro a057 which i bought for $120. not fussy.. quite stable. my setup is a nikon d50, with sb-24 and tokina 28-70 f2.8. yep. quite a heavy setup ...

also the benro is supported by a nice friendly chap! bought it at Comex show when they were selling it, i think it was managed by Orient photo the other time, cause i saw someone familiar there . nevertheless, it is a sturdy tripod, good enough for a small camera like d50/d40/d40x/350d/400d

i love the tripod. the weight is just nice for me, the feel is good. makes a good weapon too when in need :p

just kidding. Anyway, congrats at your buy and welcome to the nikon world and not forgetting Clubsnap. since you've bought the d40, you should know the limitations of it as well as the good side of it since you've taken a while to research it.

Nothing is the limit except you yourself! enjoy yourself and .. just shoot !

from the way i see it, you're getting a simple setup which would do just nice for everyday shooting :)

Photobum: Thanks, but I think I don't have the budget and need for a CF one, yet. But I'll pay attention to that, too. =)

NeTHaCk: Did you get the ballhead too? (I forgot the model, it's some_two_alphabet-00) Jack is offerring 'em at SGD120 now, too. Anyway, yea, I am trying to get a simple system since my budget is limited, but yet I can't wait till I start working because I wanted to preserve memories at this age of mine. =) The only limitation I see in my D40 is the lack of the AF motor, sigh, I wished I could arm my D40 with the 50mm f/1.8 (I think manual focus is painful, because it's difficult to get the green dot when I am using my kit, I assume it's the same for the prime?). And thanks again, I think I would go with the Benro, am just wondering if Jack could check the package carefully for me before he sends it or not. =p

P.S: Thanks for dropping by my blog! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.