Hello fellow CSers!

j0eb0ng

Feb 21, 2011
Hello Everyone! I'm new here, join CS for a while and mostly lurking around newbie corner to learn and research a bit coz going to get a new dlsr soon!

Anyway this is my first post!

Don't go too harsh on me if I ask stupid question okay?:embrass:

Hi, been checking out canon eos 60d and nikon d5100. Is it advisable for me to start with this dlsr instead of more entry level type like 550d or 600d?

hello and welcome.

you can also look at other brands like sony and pentax. don look into nikon and canon only.

Well before you dwell into the whole thing, welcome !

anyway, is it true that canon are better for outdoor, scenery etc and nikon better for indoor? is there such thing? went to check out camera at some store then this is what they tell me,:dunno:

Hi, been checking out canon eos 60d and nikon d5100. Is it advisable for me to start with this dlsr instead of more entry level type like 550d or 600d?

Hi, welcome to CS

I think a fairer comparison of 60D will probably by Nikon's D7000 instead..

imo, Sony and Pentax packs more features & stuffs in the camera as compared to entry level cameras offerings from Nikon and Canon. Models to for your consideration Sony SLT a35 & Pentax Kr.

Whether to go entry level or semi pro dslr, I'll leave it to the seniors to advice you...thou my heart will say go semi-pro, but wallet & brain tells me to get the entry level (cos there will be this fear if you will keep this hobby for long enough to justify the purchase).

anyway, is it true that canon are better for outdoor, scenery etc and nikon better for indoor? is there such thing? went to check out camera at some store then this is what they tell me,:dunno:

Not sure where you heard that from....But (with my limited understanding), I'll tell you that it's bs.

Please read our stickies... there are one or two that actually tutor you on how to select a new camera. And please, please, please, don't limit yourself to Canon and Nikon only. There are other brands of cameras out there such as Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Sony and Ricoh. And all of them made excellent interchangeables len camera systems.

That is total bs. Don't know where you heard that from. Both Nikon and Canon are great with indoors and outdoors.

which store?

seriously. they're salesmen. not photographers

LOL, that is total BS. Will you believe me if I say pot A is better for cooking Chinese food, pot B is better for cooking Malay food?

haahahaa, bo pien I really don't know that's why I ask, from Challenger salesman.:bsmilie: anyway thank you all for the answer!

haahahaa, bo pien I really don't know that's why I ask, from Challenger salesman.:bsmilie: anyway thank you all for the answer!

Then they should start educating their staff on products better. Welcome to CS ;)

btw, you should be visiting the recommended list of shops for your purchase of the camera...Many of the shopkeepers from these list of shops are more knowledgeable on these stuffs.

Lol I know but I work at tampines 1, the challenger stores just next door so I just go over ask noob question and act noob borrow their DSLR molest a bit. :bsmilie:

Hello... welcome to CS... anyway... never listen to the salesman... better to do your own research...:)