Hello everyone in ClubSNAP.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yxpoh

Jun 8, 2009
Hi, I am James... Gotten in contact with my friend's DSLR camera and started getting interested in photography and the functions a dslr can provide me.

Love the way u hold them :)

May i ask for someone to recommend an entry level dslr camera which i can start out with?
Is D60 suitable for this task or too much?
Or is there a more suitable one that is of newer version?

D40 and 450D including D80 is out of stock at MS Colors and i was informed by the MS colors personnel that stock is out in Asia, is this true?

Welcome James.

D60 is fine as an entry level DSLR. Both Nikon D40 and the D80 are discontinued. You might be able to find the Canon 450D in other shops. But there are others to consider such as Sony or Olympus.

A good advice always given here, try different models out by holding them and checking how comfortable you are with the grip, weight, the feel and of course the functionality and take some test shots. You can check out the price guides and recommended shops on the forum. Good luck!

Last edited:
hey thx for the advice, shutterpeep.

okay ic so 450D might still be around...:think:

Hope everyone can still continue to put in more advices and tips and info on entry level cameras to help me begin my journey as a photography....

Once again, thx shutterpeep and anyone who viewed the thread :)

no problem. just wait for all the others to post, I'm sure you'll get more useful advice. at any rate, you can also read other threads as some of your questions have probably been answered already. :)

Hello James...welcome.

All entry level cams are able to provide decent images if you use them within their limitations. Do take a look at great cams from Sony, Olympus, Pentax or Panasonic as well.

Hi, I am James... Gotten in contact with my friend's DSLR camera and started getting interested in photography and the functions a dslr can provide me.

Love the way u hold them :)

May i ask for someone to recommend an entry level dslr camera which i can start out with?
Is D60 suitable for this task or too much?
Or is there a more suitable one that is of newer version?

D40 and 450D including D80 is out of stock at MS Colors and i was informed by the MS colors personnel that stock is out in Asia, is this true?

Hi James,

welcome to CS.

Each of the cameras are just tools. Look for one which you feel more comfortable with. And do consider the rest of the accessories as well....

Hi! welcome to CS!:D

I understand about feeling comfortable with them but i am sure that the different brands should have different functions i might prefer as well, am i right? or is it that for newbies like me, any entry-level camera would be sufficient to start me through to explore?

About the accessories, are you talking checking about the availability and compatibility of the accessories for the brand you buy or are you just asking me to research about the accessories about a DSLR camera could possess?

PS: Thank you for replies :)

All of the models you've listed are good cameras. Some of the newest entry level models are nikon's D5000, canon's 500D and olympus' E-620. I would personally only buy the latest model new; if i'm getting say a D60 i would be thinking hard on a second hand in good condition, it is much more of a bargain when others are clearing their old equipment for new ones.

Anyway i'd suggest you do your research online first on sites like dpreview and cameralabs, and then make your way down to test each model in person at a friendly shop like John 3:16 at Funan. :)

Thanks for all the advices given by everyone.

I have read through the forum and look through the prices and specs of the camera.
(I must say that i still didn't understand some of the specs...)

I also came across some threads from here and other websites, about considering getting a consumer or prosumer first because the level of interest of mine might not need the function and control intensive DSLR.

So do you think a consumer camera is better for someone like me to test out my interest before going into the real thing?

Thank you.

Thanks for all the advices given by everyone.

I have read through the forum and look through the prices and specs of the camera.
(I must say that i still didn't understand some of the specs...)

I also came across some threads from here and other websites, about considering getting a consumer or prosumer first because the level of interest of mine might not need the function and control intensive DSLR.

So do you think a consumer camera is better for someone like me to test out my interest before going into the real thing?

Thank you.

Hi,

In my opinion, price of an entry level DSLR are getting very competitive.. and you could probably get a good deal in the 2nd hand section. It'll probably save you lots of money, esp since you're still testing out your interest.

:)

I finally settled down with a D60 camera i got from one of the members in ClubSnap...

Thank you for the advice, DXpress...

Now i am going to go round as and when i have time and snap pictures...

Oh yeah...just a question...

Even if its a noob picture(because i am still new to techniques and stuffs), is it okay to submit it in the Critique Corner for comments?

Welcome to CS, all cam u mentioned are good enough.

Welcome to CS family. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.