Hello Everyone.. i'm a noob in photography

Roy80

Dec 29, 2010
North-east
Hi Guys and Girls, I Just brought a D7000 DSLR two days ago. I'm new to photograhy, i have a Question: which Brand MEMORY cards is better? Should i gt SD/SDHC cards??

Hi Guys and Girls, I Just brought a D7000 DSLR two days ago. I'm new to photograhy, i have a Question: which Brand MEMORY cards is better? Should i gt SD/SDHC cards??

see e speed of e card perhaps a 133X(20mbps) would be fast enough for ur high FPS..no harm goin for higher speed ones(if u have spare cash)..if u dont need e speed then normal ones would do..sandisk kingston lexar... all works e same..i don use much of high FPS..i oni use 15mbps ones..

Remember: Between the memory card and your camera, the slowest speed is the determining factor, whichever it is. Your manual should carry this information for your camera, or some review sites.

Welcome:)

Roy80 said:

Probably if you don't "burst" extensively or use video mode a lot, a slower (and hence cheaper) card might suffice. Hard to say.
I am fine with slow cards.

i bought a transcend 8 gb class 10 card for $26 in sls today... the price difference is not much... just a few dollars, so might as well go for the faster one ...

kingston is about the same price too, but sandisk is much more expensive...

welcome.. I use only sandisk and nikon now.. Kingston gave me alot of problem, my laptop and card reader couldnt read it, had to connect my camera directly to laptop to download pics. do read the manual, some cameras can only use specific cards to a max volume, and search the web to find out the write speed of your camera with that particular card brand and class. you might think that a higher class in a particular brand of card might give u a faster write speed on your camera, however, sometimes the limitations could be your camera write speed, so a faster card wont mean faster images. Spend a bit of time on the web, and u will find what u truely need.

welcome to CS.
i would advise on sandisk due to the trustworthy of the brand.
as for the speed, u got to try whether it will cause any lag on video.

Roy80 said:

Congrats! You've got a great camera with great potential. Go for Sandisk, more reliable brand. But watch out for the fakes though, cos they r totally opposite.

Thank U so much for the infor bros.. :)

Right now i'm using the kit Len AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR.
-Any other better/good Lens to recommend?
-Which types of 3rd party lens tat can fit to my D7000?
-I gt a Digipod SL1800 Tripod.(Is this tripod gd for DSLR)??

Right now i'm using the kit Len AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR.
-Any other better/good Lens to recommend?
-Which types of 3rd party lens tat can fit to my D7000?
-I gt a Digipod SL1800 Tripod.(Is this tripod gd for DSLR)??

The best recommended lens for DX is AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8 DX. I loved that lens... :heart:

Most lens of the recent years by 3rd party brands (Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, etc) will fit as long as you remember to specify "Nikon mount".

The tripod is "ok" but it's on the weak side (it's not really solid... aluminium I think?). May tend to be unstable or shaky if your camera is too heavy. Perhaps if you have a good use for tripods, invest in a basic one + ball-head for about S$300 - S$400... :D

welcome.. I use only sandisk and nikon now.. Kingston gave me alot of problem, my laptop and card reader couldnt read it, had to connect my camera directly to laptop to download pics. do read the manual, some cameras can only use specific cards to a max volume, and search the web to find out the write speed of your camera with that particular card brand and class. you might think that a higher class in a particular brand of card might give u a faster write speed on your camera, however, sometimes the limitations could be your camera write speed, so a faster card wont mean faster images. Spend a bit of time on the web, and u will find what u truely need.

yep... good advice...always better to check

i have used a strontium class 6 16 gb and kingston class 10 8 gb on my pentax ... touchwood so far so good...

I am a noob as well.
Just purchase my first DSLR 2 days ago. I am using SANDISK SDHC given free with my purchase. Never thought bout the speed though. :cool: