Hello CS members.

glenyang

Oct 24, 2010
Me? I'm more a darkroom guy when I was younger but have given up this hobby long time ago to focus on career. Over the past many years, I relied only on my little trusty C-Lux 1 to take pictures. In fact I haven't been active taking photos seriously for a while. I keep telling myself to re-start. I should. So today, I shall buy myself an Olympus E-PL2 and join all you guys here :)

Welcome to CS
enjoy the passion

Welcome:)

Welcome to CS and photography :)

It's always nice to revive that little passion you had when you were young :)

Me? I'm more a darkroom guy when I was younger but have given up this hobby long time ago to focus on career. Over the past many years, I relied only on my little trusty C-Lux 1 to take pictures. In fact I haven't been active taking photos seriously for a while. I keep telling myself to re-start. I should. So today, I shall buy myself an Olympus E-PL2 and join all you guys here :)

Congrats n welcome back! :)

Congrats on your Oly and Welcome!

Welcome !!

Thanks everyone for such heartwarming welcome. I'm honoured to find so many new friends here. I bought EPL2 b'cos my friend let me try his out recently and I was taken aback by its size/performance. Loved that grainy effect. Reminds me of ilford grade 5 paper. I'd porbably be lurking in the m43 sub-forum more. I'm reading the Oly instructions now as my bedside book for the past few days and my oh my, it's rather mind-boggling for an old timer. All these new digital thingy is rather overwhelming. Still trying to understand it's functions fully.

I also learned a new photograhy term recently...."bokeh". In old days, it's simply called 'out of focus' :)

Fancinating how things have advanced since the days of manual SLRs. Picture taken by me on friend's E-PL2.

P2020019_01.jpg

Welcome. Didn't like how the background is so bright. Anyway there is a correct section for posting photos for comment. Not many ppl will comment here,

Welcome. Didn't like how the background is so bright. Anyway there is a correct section for posting photos for comment. Not many ppl will comment here,

Thanks for the pointer. I shall learn to navigate CS properly.

welcome Glen and happy shooting with your new camera.

don't have to take it too seriously. photography is a fun and enjoyable hobby. enjoy your new hobby.