Hello, can you help us take a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yafoo82

Mar 28, 2007
Hi all CSer,

I am just wondering what do you guys do when you need someone to take pics for you?

I love taking photos and being in photos for keepsake.

HOwever there are many problems when I ask passer by to help:
- poor focusing (many people don't know how to focus properly even in AF)
- poor composition ( can take one sample ask him follow)
- i cannot smile, coz i worry the guy drop my baby

I jus like to hear your views on what you do? Put in auto mode or what? Or just carry a Pns everywhere you go?

Cheers!!

Best way to just use a PnS. Most PnS have pretty decent picture quality nowadays and is easy to operate. I usually bring both a PnS and DSLR when I travel anyway - the compact has a negligible weight anyway.

And if I may add, set for a small aperture or use a wide angle lens to increase DoF so you won't mis-focus as much. Also works if you're asking someone to do it for you. Just make sure shutter speed is fast enough to overcome their shaky hands. :bsmilie:

As for composition.. umm crop? :sweatsm:

For me if got time :

Mount my SLR on tripod and fire off with a wireless remote

But more often than not - PnS
( I always get an additional PnS along for trips )

Ryan

Put on a Dust Bin and set timer. Amazingly, get better pictures many times.

Set to P mode or expose manually first...

then make sure the focus is on Auto... :bsmilie:

best is set to auto mode... dun say u ask noob help u take.. u noe how ppl like to take PnS or hp cameras, and hold it @ arm's length n shoot themselves? i did that with a 30D with 24-70 mounted..haha! ended up blur cos i never reset AF points...

or try doing jump shots like this:
Mount on tripod
compose and focus
set timer.. n run back into position
listen for ti-ti-ti then teeeeeeeeee
jump after 0.5secs
hah!

best is set to auto mode... dun say u ask noob help u take.. u noe how ppl like to take PnS or hp cameras, and hold it @ arm's length n shoot themselves? i did that with a 30D with 24-70 mounted..haha! ended up blur cos i never reset AF points...

I can tell you from personal experience that it works *much* better with a 10-22mm :) Unless you have arms like an orang utan :bsmilie:

For me, i bought sykestang's cheap remote, den throw my 400D on a dustbin or a ledge or chair or table, frame, prefocus, test, then step back and use remote.

If die die have to ask people take for us, then set to green box mode, or just pass over my pns.

yes yes YES, couldn't agree with u more.

i tried to switch to live view and ask ppl take photo for me.

but they'll hav problem takign picture with DSLR and drying up my battery instead

I've tried this method:

Prefocus, then switch to manual focus
Pre compose, ask the helper to stand at where I want.

Somehow it works.

I wil use a tripod. However I realised passerbys luv to ask me to take their pics with their p&s esp when they see you with a big big DSLR. lol...

pass him/her a full frame with a 14mm prime at manual infinity focus @ f8, snap and go home crop urself. :thumbsup: sure hit one
agar agar point without looking at viewfinder oso can tio.

Last edited:
I wil use a tripod. However I realised passerbys luv to ask me to take their pics with their p&s esp when they see you with a big big DSLR. lol...

Yeah, that seems to be the case. They probably assume the photos taken by people holding dslrs are able to produce better photos.:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.