Hello all ^^

mgsea

Jun 5, 2010
Singapore, Singapore
Bought a k-x navy 2 to 3 weeks ago =) my first dslr.. decided on it after a few months of surfing cs and other websites..
hope to learn more from seniors =)
though serving the nation now, but i will try to snap some nice picture with my k-x during the weekend.. and especially now during the yog period, where i will get more chance to snap and snap since i m participating in it every saturday =)

got some questions..
i m considering some basic add on for my cam..

for flash, i m stuck with pentax AF360FGZ and Metz 48 AF-1, which one would be able to last me longer before i upgrade to a better flash

for tripod, saw this promotion at CP website Manfrotto 190XPROB Pro Tripod for sgd183 but the max height is only 146...and i m around 175cm tall.. so would this tripod fit me.. heard alot of good comments about Manfrotto but after i still need opinions on tripod wise

lastly, i m thinking about getting the DA-40mm f2.8 ltd, i m much of a short range user, mostly taking pictures of food and people and sometimes landscape. i got a sigma 28mm mini wide so i would most probably be using that for food. for landscape and people, would this lense be suitable or is there any better recommendations?

thanks everyone for giving valuable opinions and recommendations, hope to join you all in the next outing but i m really quite a shy boy though..

welcome to CS, bro..

Bought a k-x navy 2 to 3 weeks ago =) my first dslr.. decided on it after a few months of surfing cs and other websites..
hope to learn more from seniors =)
though serving the nation now, but i will try to snap some nice picture with my k-x during the weekend.. and especially now during the yog period, where i will get more chance to snap and snap since i m participating in it every saturday =)

got some questions..
i m considering some basic add on for my cam..

for flash, i m stuck with pentax AF360FGZ and Metz 48 AF-1, which one would be able to last me longer before i upgrade to a better flash

for tripod, saw this promotion at CP website Manfrotto 190XPROB Pro Tripod for sgd183 but the max height is only 146...and i m around 175cm tall.. so would this tripod fit me.. heard alot of good comments about Manfrotto but after i still need opinions on tripod wise

lastly, i m thinking about getting the DA-40mm f2.8 ltd, i m much of a short range user, mostly taking pictures of food and people and sometimes landscape. i got a sigma 28mm mini wide so i would most probably be using that for food. for landscape and people, would this lense be suitable or is there any better recommendations?

thanks everyone for giving valuable opinions and recommendations, hope to join you all in the next outing but i m really quite a shy boy though..

Welcome to CS and Pentax:)

For flash,the 360 is good.For tripod,you might wanna check out CP/TK and OP.And for lens,perhaps you might wanna consider the 35mm too?

Welcome to CS and Pentax:)

For flash,the 360 is good.For tripod,you might wanna check out CP/TK and OP.And for lens,perhaps you might wanna consider the 35mm too?

thanks, i will consider it. For 360 there isnt a swivel head, is it highly recommended for portrait wise or can i just skip it. I will check with CP-M for the tripod, going to floating platform yet again tmr

Welcome:)

Welcome to CS :)
Its good to scout around before committing yourself to buy any gears. Get what you need & not get what you want ;)

Hi mgsea,

Welcome to ClubSNAP, and beware of mad little green man from the red planet. :)

hello..welcome..:)

I have Slik Pro 340DX for traveling light. Camera is nearly at eye level when fully extended. I prefer pan-head. But best if you narrow down a few things you must have and then go to the various shops. Cathay Photo has a wide selection, OP let's you try without sales men harassing you.

Greetings,

Welcome to the club.

Can't help you with the Pentax platform, but on the tripod ... do you want to be eye level with your tripod, or with your camera? That camera on promotional sale by CP is without the tripod head, so 145mm is for the tip of the legs to the the base of the platform that the tripod head will be resting upon.

As such, you still need to remember that you still have your camera that is not mounted not yet mounted on the tripod. Ask the sales people to setup a tripod for you with a head and you mount yr camera on it and see if it is suitable or not.

My 2 cents.