Apr 10, 2007
My Virgin Shots....please be kind...

1)

DSCF6729.jpg

2)

DSCF6721.jpg

3)

DSCF6706.jpg

C&C are welocome...Please do, i need to know if I am crap!!;)

You are not crap but the photos are. Honest. First, pay more attention in getting the subjects properly focussed. Next, try work on your composition & angle. Ooops ... you did ask us to be kind ... :p

can you please tell us about these photos?

well guys..

the story goes like this..I just got a S5000 and these are my first shots of any kind.I was having lunck at Market Street and i saw these birds so i took them.
Kinda new to Photoshop too and the results are the photos above..
Aprreciate the comments and will keep on working harder to impress u guys, my panel of judges..hehe..

So, that being said, would u guys mind telling me what are the tings i should look out for and the dos and donts for photography...

ndroo-- u are kind...i saw harsher comments in other threads.Maybe in the morning it gets a lil lenient huh?;)

see the sunlight direction and the position you are at.

well guys..

the story goes like this..I just got a S5000 and these are my first shots of any kind.I was having lunck at Market Street and i saw these birds so i took them.
Kinda new to Photoshop too and the results are the photos above..
Aprreciate the comments and will keep on working harder to impress u guys, my panel of judges..hehe..

So, that being said, would u guys mind telling me what are the tings i should look out for and the dos and donts for photography...

ndroo-- u are kind...i saw harsher comments in other threads.Maybe in the morning it gets a lil lenient huh?;)

nono...not these story...eg. telling a story about that photo...

why dont u share with us what you did in photoshop too?

the second pic looks to be upsampled and oversized resulting in that pixelated effect. try to first understand the exposure, how dark how bright. the last pic is actually quite a candid shot and isn't too bad.
we can understand the first 2 pic being snapshot but there must be a reason to shoot them simply than just pressing the shutter on any subject.

try to shoot something you intend to shoot and then ask again for comments since you can learn more from your mistakes rather than learning from snapshots :)

last pic :thumbsup: try

Yah..for the 1st pic i was kinda amazed at what i thoght is the way of mating for these birds, so i waited for the male(the one with the nice feathers-i think!) to open up and get close to the female..

And for the 2nd pic, i kinda wanted to make it look like those old skool kinda cinema posters where that bird is the lead character and was "looking over the shoulder".I also kinda achieve the effects accidentally.

As for the 3rd pic, i just happen to see that 2 kids chasing the birds around and i took a quick focus and shoot.

Thanks for the input sprintist!i will keep that in mind in future.And yah, i think i also dun knw what am i shooting also.
Thanks also to all those who commented.Appreciate it lots..!! :)

Yah..for the 1st pic i was kinda amazed at what i thoght is the way of mating for these birds, so i waited for the male(the one with the nice feathers-i think!) to open up and get close to the female..

And for the 2nd pic, i kinda wanted to make it look like those old skool kinda cinema posters where that bird is the lead character and was "looking over the shoulder".I also kinda achieve the effects accidentally.

As for the 3rd pic, i just happen to see that 2 kids chasing the birds around and i took a quick focus and shoot.

Thanks for the input sprintist!i will keep that in mind in future.And yah, i think i also dun knw what am i shooting also.
Thanks also to all those who commented.Appreciate it lots..!! :)

bare mimimum is to know what you want to shoot! :) or at least find out what is it then snap. snap blindly the comments for you also blind one :bsmilie::bsmilie:

You are not crap but the photos are. Honest. First, pay more attention in getting the subjects properly focussed. Next, try work on your composition & angle. Ooops ... you did ask us to be kind ... :p

So bad... lolx no mercy at all.

ur main problem is in photo #2, i think u used digital zoom on the camera right?
when wadeva camera brand says their prosumers have wad special digitalzoom that doesnt decrease the pictures quality, ignore it. total bull
try to TOTALLY void digital zooms, ur camera has a nice 10X zoom if im not wrong, gd enough, if still not enough, get closer le.
~even though out of focus, looks like it was taken w/ some toycamera or pinhole liddat.

suggest u go read some guides about photography, basic rules at least. would help u out alot.
or go see other ppls photos, if they strike u, ask urself wad makes that photo special to you, den learn.
den keep trying out ur camera :)

TS: What do you like about the pictures?

welcome to photography!

while these are not great shots, we've all got to start somewhere right? there's a lot to learn from these shots.

first, you seem to be underexposing your shots. so something you should watch out for in the future. for now, since you're learning photoshop as well, you can try 'fixing' these photos by playing with the levels and curves. i think a bit of saturation would make them better as well.

second, there's no hint of composition in any of these shots and your subjects seemed to be always centered. do read up on basic composition guidelines (remember these are guidelines and not rules!) such as repeating patterns, leading lines, rule of thirds, etc. This will be the best way to learn at the moment.

third, get out there and shoot a lot more! Since you're on digital, there's no wasting film... so go crazy. Shoot, take a look at your pictures and see which ones you like and why. Dont forget to post them to see what advice people can give you to improve your shots.

optional, learn from a more seasoned photographer. tag along for outings/gatherings, there are plenty of photographers out there who would love to teach you/help you out

Have fun!

Why not go through the CS forum and browse through other member's photos posted here. At least it will give you some ideas and pointers. Also know what is your subject and where you want your viewer to focus on.

Status
Not open for further replies.