Hello ALL!!! New here and i need help

gtwb91

Aug 9, 2014
Singapore
Hello All,

I am quite new to photography and would love to learn more from this forum.
after doing a little bit of research i went down to the Harvey norman IT Fair today and bought the OMD EM10 with the 14-42mm kit lens.

any recommendation on what accessories to get? like bags, lens, cleaning kit..etc,etc...

Thanks all!! :):)

There are plenty of Bag brands like Crumpler, LowePro, Kata, Manfrotto, Domke, Billingham, etc . . .

Cleaning kit can buy from T K Foto, Cathay Photo or other reputable shops.

Camera strap can buy from reputable shops too.

Tripod, dry cab, CPL filter.
Visit the library to borrow some books to read or read on-line

Hi TS! Great setup to start your photography!

Same like you, I've just started with Fujifilm system, and I did a lot of research on camera accessories (bag, tripod, strap, dry cabinet, etc...). I'm more than willing to share my experience with you (mainly things like prices and where to buy). If you're interested, pm me your HP number, and we can talk in WhatsApp!

Cheers.

the number #1 accessory you need is already with you.
camera manual.

the #2 accessory you need is a photography guidebook that teaches you how exposure works and how to make photos.

every other equipment is secondary to the above

Pls get a dry cabinet if you haven do so. That's the first thing i feel that you need to get.

Don't need to spend so much to get the billinghams or wotancrafts, simple bag from lowepro or vanguard will do the job. Design/specs, it's really up to your preference.

Cleaning kit - blower, lens pen, cleaning cloth and liquid.

Dry cabinet - essential unless your camera is in an air con room 24/7

Straps - just use the one provided

Memory card - get 1 or 2 16gb or 32gb from sim lim sq

You'll all set!

Things like bag and strap really depends on personal preference. As for lens, I suggest sticking to your 14-42 first...Shoot a bit and figure out what more you want (longer, wider, larger aperture etc.) Cleaning kit can be pretty basic, depending on what you want to clean. I personally have only a basic kit consisting of a blower, microfiber cloth and lens pen...

Should also get a dry cabinet; a small one should do for a mirrorless system like your Fuji

Hello All, I am quite new to photography and would love to learn more from this forum. after doing a little bit of research i went down to the Harvey norman IT Fair today and bought the OMD EM10 with the 14-42mm kit lens. any recommendation on what accessories to get? like bags, lens, cleaning kit..etc,etc... Thanks all!! :):)

Congrats on the purchase :)
Firstly ,a dry box then followed by a proper bag and a decent cleaning kit.

For EM10, accessories worth buying are the grip , auto lens cap and an extra battery but all these can come later.

First and foremost, get a dry cabinate.

you can visit the m43 subforum for more m43 camera related stuff and join the outing. yes, please get a dry cab first. the rest can come once you figure your shooting preference/genre.