Hello All. A New E-P1 User! New To Photography Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChesterL

Deregistered
Nov 30, 2009
Hi i am interested and pretty excited to learning photography. Especially now when i have just gotten my E-P1. Just got a few questions to begin with.

E-P1 is like pretty weirdly sized. I cant find a bag to fit it nicely. A normal sling bag without inner compartments will make my camera move around which i dont want. A dslr bag is too big for it also. I've got 2 lens to bring around too. Any recommendations on what bags available to bring my E-P1 around?

Another tricky issue boggling my mind is what is the dry box for? I am not intending to spend a bomb on dry cabinet. I am thinking to make one myself. Any ideas?

THANKS! :)

Dry cabinet lowers the risk of getting fungus on the lens - which can be costly to remove. This is done by maintaining the relative humidity around the 45% region.

Dry cabinet is use electric, dry box is just an airtight box with some drying agent (e.g. silica gel)

Members here would usually advise getting a dry cabinet, a small one can cost just over a hundred dollars, which is just a fraction of the cost of the camera and lenses. Dry box will be harder to control the humidity.

Oh.. Okay thanks.. I think i am going for the drybox.. Im restricted by my budgets man.. Im gonna buy thirsty hippo(small one) to put inside a 2.4litre airtight box.. Is that wise?

So what bout any bags for E-P1(dual lens kit)?

Like Timolol mentioned. It's harder to control with drybox. And with thirsty hippo, ur box may get too dry and if u use it for long, the rubber on the camera body might not be able to take it. Might dry up and peel off.. Not to mention ur Lens coating... It's nice to spend a little bit for now rather than u lose something more dearer than the price of the cabinet rite?

Oh.. Okay thanks.. I think i am going for the drybox.. Im restricted by my budgets man.. Im gonna buy thirsty hippo(small one) to put inside a 2.4litre airtight box.. Is that wise?

So what bout any bags for E-P1(dual lens kit)?

wat is ur total budget for both bag and box?

Hi and welcome !

i suggest to buy a small 36L dry cabinet.
can find some in the BnS section going 2nd hand.

if you are planning to expand further say with Dslr then 36L might get alil too cramped.
my advice is forget about the dry box and thirsty hippo as mentioned.

as for you bags. may wana check out lowepro website.
got quite a few smalled sized bags but not sure about that.

can head down to cathay photo peninsular plaza to try if you can too !

Status
Not open for further replies.