Helix in The Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmayeo

Feb 11, 2008
Singapore
4744093339_8231f2349b_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, lighting and any other comments to take a better photo.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Capturing the night colours of the Helix bridge by framing SANDS into the photo.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was a night with clear sky and my first attempt to photograph this bridge.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like the colours lit up and reflecting the structure of the bridge.

the image looks nicely exposed and composed :thumbsup:... that thing in the foreground, were you able to avoid it ?

the image looks nicely exposed and composed :thumbsup:... that thing in the foreground, were you able to avoid it ?

Thanks for replies.
my overlook on the foreground concrete & people, will avoid next time. :)

Ai-yah, Mr. KIT will be very uncomfortable to see this as a well composed picture.

Neither do I.

exposure and all is spot on, but isn't the whole picture tilted? or is it just me?

exposure and all is spot on, but isn't the whole picture tilted? or is it just me?

Agree... Did you use a tripod? Did you watch the water-level? o_O
I can see that the river near the foreground is kinda tilt rather then straight... I believe you know what i'm saying. :D

Cheers :D

may be u could move closer to the edge of that stair, i understand tt its a concrete banister there, so may be u could move closer to get tt part out of the shot. also the part at the bottom right is abit distracting.

so may be move in closer and use wideangle :D

Nice exposure :D

tilted and some unwanted foreground, else its nice...

yes you should straighten the photo a little. it seems tilted to the left. either that or the foreground is giving me the illusion that it is not straight

The slanted image makes me feel somewhat dizzy, otherwise it was nicely exposed

Thanks for all constructive replies, I shall close this thread and work on my next MBS + Helix bridge shoot.
Hopefully by then they have completed its construction.
Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.